Las Antenas -La Ventana

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 25.60760°N / 100.35539°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Alternative to La Eme

A much easier and alternate hike to the Eme is to tackle on La Ventana and Las Antenas peaks. These two peaks have practically no technical difficulty and offer views almost as spectacular as La Eme. Good peaks to take to get an idea of what the Eme will be like. If you are in good condition these two peaks can be reached in less than 2:30 hrs (or 4:30 round trip).

Getting There

This is an alternate hike on the same trail to "La Eme". Instructions on how to get to the starting point of this peak's hike can be found on this route's parent page (La Eme).

When you reach the fork on the trail located at N25.60225, W100.36213, take to your left (east) to head to these two easier peaks. You will walk along an easy trail in the midst of the pine forest. The better view is at the Antenas peak roughly 1.2 kms from the fork. A sign close to the 1.1 km mark will indicate where you need to make a short climb to the summit.

From the Antenas peak to La Ventana you only need to walk an additional 500 meters (15 minutes or so). La Ventana can be easily identified by looking at the mountain from a distance. It is the "V" east of the Eme. The rocks that make the V make this small hike worthwhile.

Essential Gear

None needed except for a comfortable pair of tennis shoes or hiking boots.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

La EmeRoutes