KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Nice page. I suppose you're in the process of making a mountain page for every 12'er in Idaho, as I see you just made a new page for Mt. Church. Leatherman's exact GPS coordinates are 44.082, -113.733; I think you forgot to put a decimal place in for your numbers.
Posted Nov 19, 2003 6:01 pm

IdahoClimberUntitled Comment

IdahoClimber

I didn't know where was the correct place to put the decimel points. Corrected now, thanks for the catch.

But I disagree (Or at least The National Geographic Map program does) on the GPS coordinates. Where did you get yours?

Placing the GPS cursor directly on the summit I come up with

44 04.924 N

113043.993 W

I will field verify next time I am there to determine what the exact coordinates are.

Will keep working on the page.

Thanks for the feedback.

Nic
Posted Nov 20, 2003 10:08 am

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Your coordinates are identical to mine. You are decimalizing in the minutes (DD MM.MMM), where as I am decimalizing out to degrees (DD.DDD). My coordinates do match up with the summit. I think you may have inputed into Topozone one type when you thought you were inputting the other.
Posted Nov 20, 2003 2:07 pm

Steven CrossUntitled Comment

Steven Cross

Great Job! Nice to see Idaho's second highest added and more of there 12ers.
Posted Nov 19, 2003 11:01 pm

IdahoClimberUntitled Comment

IdahoClimber

Plan to add both the Sawmill Gulch and backside routes as soon as I can get on my computer away from work.

Thanks for checking on the peak. Planning to add all 12ers in the next few months.

Nic
Posted Nov 20, 2003 10:11 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

In case you every wondered where those great tool combos are made... Really this is a fine page that tells you how to get to the top of the 2nd peak of Idaho.
Posted Nov 20, 2003 12:13 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice job.
Posted Nov 20, 2003 12:25 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Idaho Climber,

Another nice page. Leatherman Peak is definately on my wish list if I can ever get my sorry carcass out of CO. Since you were once a resident of Colorado how would you characterize the difference between the two states mountains? I am realy glad to see information building on Idaho summits. Thank You.

Jon Bradford
Posted Nov 20, 2003 8:09 pm

IdahoClimberUntitled Comment

IdahoClimber

Comparing Idaho to Colorado . .

I would say that the climbs in Idaho offer far less people, have more scree, and are more rugged (very few marked trails).

On the flip side there is less information, access to some peaks is tough, and it takes a while from Boise to get to some of the prime trailheads.

The Sawtooth's and Lost River Range are the best that Idaho has to offer and they are equally as good as any range in Colorado.

Let me know if you decide to come Idaho way.
Posted Nov 21, 2003 9:55 am

wannabehighUntitled Comment

Nice pics! Especially that 2nd one on the bottom......must have been a pretty good photographer you brought up there with ya.;).

Got any holiday plans?

Posted Nov 22, 2003 3:53 pm

brendonUntitled Comment

brendon

Doing well on your new pages.
Posted Mar 10, 2005 3:38 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

A beautiful mountain! More photos on the route pages or main page of the routes themselves would entice me to take a trip to Idaho and climb the thing!
Posted May 4, 2005 2:24 pm