Bishop Pass, LeConte Canyon & The Citadel

Bishop Pass, LeConte Canyon & The Citadel

Page Type Page Type: Album

My Story

After several years (six) I finally made it to Bishop Pass and The Dusy Basin..........and LeConte Canyon is within reach.  I wanted to climb The Citadel and hopefully Agassiz.  My wife and I left Sonoma, CA 3 hours later than planned, thus hitting the trail late.  We hit Bishop Pass at dark and I wanted to continue but Dawn aid she was done for the night.  We set the tent at the pass and went to sleep.  The next morning we left at 7:30 with all our gear.  Not to far down the JMT headed into the Dusty Basin Dawn suggested she would be better off if she didn't take her pack.  Instead of saying no, I went along with it and the tent and one bag was left behind.  We came down the trail and The Citadel was in my sights, all the mountains, the canyon and surroundings were stunning.  But it was The Citadel that stuck out, more visable to me than the other peaks.  Almost down to the PCT my wife tells me she can't continue, she would go back.  I knew leaving her pack behind was a bad idea, if we had it, she would have continued and I would have set up camp in the LeConte Canyon.  Even though the trail was obvious I just didn't like her going back on her own (I know stupid).  I turned around too, decided The Citadel would have to wait and we headed back to Bishop Pass.  When we arrived I then thought aboout Agassiz.  The decisionwas made that we would go down to the nearest water source and set camp and I could go back up and climb Mount Agassiz.  But the water was quite aways down the trail and I abandon the idea of Agassiz on that day.  The following morning instead of hoofing it back up to Agassiz I settled on Chocolate Peak and called it a day.  Although based on my plans the trip was an utter failure, it was my wife's birthday (9/28) and the experience was pretty nice.  I will go back, what a spetacular area that is!

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

No comments posted yet.