Lendenfeld Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
caputaka

caputaka - Jun 25, 2008 1:52 pm Date Climbed: Jan 23, 2008

Marcel Col  Sucess!

An excellent climb, although quite challenging conditions during this season. Challenging navigation through a maze of open crevasses at the bottom, followed by four pitches of very dirty ice climbing (usually a snow walk) from the Marcel Col to the summit. Climbed in group of 3 in 14 hours round trip from hut. Crossing the massive active rock slide was interesting. Local guide completed the climb with client in 12 hours, told us its the slowest trip and worst condition he's ever seen it. Global warming sucks.

edl - Sep 23, 2005 4:30 pm

Route Climbed: Marcel Col Date Climbed: Feb, 2003  Sucess!

Did this as part of the accent of Mt. Tasman. Worthy objective by itself.

Tom Fralich

Tom Fralich - Jan 29, 2005 8:21 pm

Route Climbed: NW Couloir Date Climbed: January 11, 2005  Sucess!

Climbed with Graham Zimmerman in 9 hours round-trip from the Pioneer Hut. We simul-climbed to the neck of the couloir and then pitched the rest of the way to the summit. Great climbing with some sections of very good ice and some sections of deeper, insecure snow. Beautiful view from the summit towards Mount Cook and Mount Tasman. Too bad we didn't have more days like this.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Lendenfeld Peak' main page