Viewing: 41-52 of 52 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

DeanUntitled Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated and are very kind.

Since Sacramento isn't all that far from the Yolo area, have you been up in that region at all?
Posted Nov 16, 2005 12:51 am

chskierUntitled Comment

chskier

No, I have not, although I look at that little range every time I drive west on I80. Perhaps I'll give it a go sometime......
Posted Nov 16, 2005 12:01 pm

Super DaveUntitled Comment

Super Dave

Excellent page Dean! I really enjoy your submissions.
Posted Nov 17, 2005 1:21 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Dave, your comments are very much appreciated as is your vote. I'm glad you checked it out but I'd rather do peaks in Idaho anyday than scramble through the brush like this one requires.
Posted Nov 17, 2005 5:35 pm

Don NelsenUntitled Comment

Don Nelsen

Wonderful page and very well written. I'm looking foreward to the challenge of this one!

- Don
Posted Nov 20, 2005 12:41 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Don. When you decide to do this one, you might want to contact RGreene (see his entry further down the page) and

Dingus Milktoast. Of course, any guy that has almost knocked off the nasty highpoint of Kauai would find this one interesting
Posted Nov 20, 2005 2:20 pm

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Great page, very thorough!
Posted Dec 23, 2005 11:08 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Martin for your comments and vote. This is one that was definitely unique and yet strangely memorable because I never dreamed I'd ever be willing to do a brushfest willingly.

Have a great Christmas and may you stocking be stuffed with lots of needed gear.
Posted Dec 23, 2005 11:32 am

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Very well done page. I hope to get this peak under my belt this spring, before the snakes get too active.
Posted Feb 6, 2006 11:28 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I've added a link here to the written report that Bob Burd put up on Sierra Scrambles. If this doesn't work for you, consider joining the yahoo group called sierra scrambles and look for message 4049. Thank you for the vote and the nice comments.
Posted Feb 6, 2006 11:51 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

BTW, pay close attention to the poison oak warning, Bob got nailed really bad from the stuff. Dingus seems to be immune and is in love with that area.
Posted Feb 7, 2006 12:23 am

DeanRe: Big Blue Peak????

Hmmm, I never even thought about there being a Big Blue Peak. It makes sense but perhaps sp member Dingus Milktoast would know. He knows this area like the back of his hand. Thanks for the vote and the thought provoking question.
Posted Apr 17, 2007 7:18 pm