Steven CrossUntitled Comment

Steven Cross

This mountain cannot be NM's second highest mountain. There are 19 mountains in NM higher then it. To see all of NM's mountains above 11,000 feet go to http://americasroof.com/highest/nm.shtml

It shows state line peak as one of them, but the summit is in CO.

Other then that , good page.
Posted Aug 7, 2002 4:12 pm

adepasUntitled Comment

There is some dispute about this.. For example, many of the "peaks" listed on that page are actually a part of Wheeler Peak, the highest in NM. Check this page for several examples. It may simply be differing standards for what exactly defines one peak as separate from another. I'm in the process of investigating this further. It's strange, because everyone I know out there says that Little Costilla is #2 after Wheeler. I'll post here when I find the answer.
Posted Aug 7, 2002 6:43 pm

adepasUntitled Comment

After looking up the peaks listed as higher than Little Costilla, it appears that there are about 8 distinct peaks ahead of her. Many of the peaks listed there are smaller peaks along the same mountain, and it seems that in some cases, they can be attributed as such and overlooked in peak rankings.

For example, the Santa Fe National Forest website says on this page (in the Pecos Wilderness section) that Truchas Peak is actually the second highest in New Mexico. This, despite it being listed as fourth by America's Roof.

So to make a long story short, it appears that Little Costilla may be anywhere between the 9th highest and the 20th highest in New Mexico, depending on how you count some of the other peaks ahead of it. Thanks Steve for the heads-up; I'll look forward to squelching the misinformation out there next summer!
Posted Aug 7, 2002 10:29 pm

Alex WoodRe: Untitled Comment

Alex Wood

I noted that in the revised page. Check it out!
Posted Dec 19, 2009 2:15 am

surgentUntitled Comment

surgent

Your page came in very handy for us (my wife and I) when we climbed this gorgeous peak in Sept 2003.
Posted Dec 15, 2003 2:42 pm

Alex WoodRe: Untitled Comment

Alex Wood

Check out the page now. I recently took it over and added a bunch of new stuff.
Posted Dec 19, 2009 2:15 am

peakwolfUntitled Comment

peakwolf

great page!
Posted May 16, 2004 11:52 am

Alex WoodRe: Untitled Comment

Alex Wood

Check it out now. I recently took it over and added a bunch of new stuff.
Posted Dec 19, 2009 2:14 am