Viewing: 1-20 of 21 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

I have little doubt that this will be another excellent page Mark!

PS Perhaps there's a groupping to be requested here (besides Wasatch Range) that would (among others perhaps) include Big and Little Cottonwoods....."SLC Crags" or "I15 Corridor Crags" (if someone will add American Fork Canyon, Maple Canyon etc..) or something? Just a thought.

Cheers,

Radek
Posted Jul 7, 2005 4:22 pm

PellucidWombatUntitled Comment

PellucidWombat

You know, that is next on my "to do list" today. I realized the "Wasatch Tri-Canyon Area" would make a good grouping, w/ BCC, LCC, and dozens of summits in the central Wasatch!
Posted Jul 7, 2005 4:46 pm

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

Thanks for adding Little Cottonwood Canyon. I agree, it would be a good idea to group all of the climbing areas together somehow. I'm not sure what you should call it though.

I'm still trying to get pictures for both your Big and Little Cottonwood pages. I just haven't been out climbing much this year.
Posted Jul 7, 2005 6:26 pm

PellucidWombatUntitled Comment

PellucidWombat

Thanks! I just suggested a Wasatch - Tri-Canyon Area group, a Wasatch - Cottonwood Ridge Area group, and a Wasatch - Alpine Ridge Area group. I wonder if it could be useful to have a Wasatch (North) and a Wasatch (South) group for further organization of Wasatch Pks?

I've been wondering about making another page for some of the smaller side-canyons in the Wasatch (although I don't know if I've had enough firsthand experience with cragging info). I was thinking the indiviudal canyons could be routes, such as Bells Canyon, Big Willow, Ferguson, Neffs, Santaquin, etc. Perhaps one of these days I can also get Glenn to make a page for American Fork Canyon?

I'm looking forward to seeing your photo additions for the pages!
Posted Jul 8, 2005 11:09 am

PellucidWombatUntitled Comment

PellucidWombat

as to whether or not a page should be made for a canyon, I'd think it would be good to consider how much is there. Since this is 'summitpost' and not 'canyonpost' (in fact Scott Patterson drew a lot of flak for his canyoneering pages), I'd try to have a page with a lot of climbing area pages or route pages (for the long ones) on the 'mountain' page to make up for this. Also, the general info on the larger canyons can be more like the popular SP logistical center pages, but for more specific areas of the Wasatch.

American Fork certainly seems large enough for this, and can double as a logistical center page, like BCC & LCC, but for Rock Canyon & Maple Canyon, I don't know if they'd have enough scale to be made into pages - perhaps several nearby canyons could be grouped into one page? or maybe SP is now more open to such pages for smaller canyons? But I do like the idea of having more coverage of other rock & ice routes for training! Also, for adding ice climbing routes/areas, don't forget Climbwild's Ice Climbing page!
Posted Jul 8, 2005 1:54 pm

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

Great job Mark. Very informative, awesome photos, and well constructed!

I look forward to seeing more "group" pages built in the US.

Sean
Posted Jul 7, 2005 8:47 pm

PellucidWombatUntitled Comment

PellucidWombat

Thanks! The Wasatch seems small enough and dense enough in scope that it is entirely possible to have a number of interlinked group pages, routes, maps, etc. that can give a comprehensive guide package for the Wasatch. More contributions to come . . . :-D
Posted Jul 8, 2005 11:25 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

This is the grand daddy of all mountain pages. You get my vote! Awesome page, which is an understatement! Thanks so much for sharing and great work on this one. Take care and happy trails!

-Britt
Posted Jul 7, 2005 9:30 pm

PellucidWombatUntitled Comment

PellucidWombat

Thanks! Hopefully I can improve its effectiveness even more with greater integration with Utah's other 2 group pages - I was thinking about having some route pages on the Alpine Climbs discussing Geology, or misc. cragging areas of interest that are farther away from the main canyons.
Posted Jul 8, 2005 11:27 am

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

Thorough!
Posted Jul 7, 2005 11:28 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Great page with lots of room for growth!
Posted Jul 7, 2005 11:42 pm

PellucidWombatUntitled Comment

PellucidWombat

Thanks for the vote! Hopefully I can get some of the Utahns more active in cragging (you know who you are!) to begin submitting route areas as well, since my climbing abilities limit me from putting up routes for the more difficult areas :^)
Posted Jul 8, 2005 11:28 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Cool page with some nifty html. You messed up your anchors though. you can tell by hovering your mouse over the start of the "Nearby Amenities" section. The text turns red. I don't know what went wrong, though.

BTW: did you know that all sections have automatic anchors? Like:

<A NAME=Nearby+Amenities>

You could have saved some effort :-)

Maybe next time.....

IbexUntitled Comment

Ibex

Very nice writeup.
Posted Jul 11, 2005 10:29 am

PellucidWombatUntitled Comment

PellucidWombat

Thanks! You know, I wonder if SP members would enjoy having ski mountaineering routes on the site? It could be interesting to either have some listed on these canyon pages, or have a regional page for Wasatch Skiing?
Posted Jul 11, 2005 1:36 pm

IbexUntitled Comment

Ibex

I have to think that most of the people on here enjoy peak bagging so much that the desire to climb doesn't end with the first snowfall. I have been using some of the pages to plan trips on the less accessible peaks in utah. It helps to see the pics with snow (and a date) but I can figure it out w/o.

I do think that these are very much crossover sports to a degree. Maybe you could post the question on the general forum and see what others think.

I link my trips here because i know that others google for ceratain mountains and get summitpost as one of their first few hits. They can't all be summer time hikers.
Posted Jul 12, 2005 8:03 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Because I love to ski at Alta, you get my vote. Actually, this is just an outstanding effort on your part and is a great addition to SP.
Posted Jul 11, 2005 8:33 pm