Lizard Head Comments

Viewing: 21-40 of 54 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks. The links are great. I added a book to your page in which I found a route description, and I ordered another book called, "Telluride Rock" which also has a route description. I'll add the book when I get it. Again......great page.

alan
Posted Nov 6, 2003 8:17 pm

rmjwintersUntitled Comment

rmjwinters

Aaron, you are the epitome of an outstanding SP member. High quality page that is extremely well done!
Posted Nov 6, 2003 10:19 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Randy-thanks so much for the kind words and vote. Glad you like it. I hope to hear from a Lizard Head climber some day about taking over this page. My intent was to eventually make SP the authority on Lizard Head. Hopefully some route submissions and photos are forthcoming.
Posted Nov 6, 2003 5:35 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Wow, really great page. Very thorough.
Posted Nov 6, 2003 10:29 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

An unexpected visitor! Thanks Brian for stopping by. Believe me, this is not my attempt to catch up to you. See the Lizard Head thread in the Rockies Section. Thanks for the nice vote.
Posted Nov 6, 2003 5:34 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Doesn't matter what the reason was, this was a really great page. Really unique mountain that deserves to be known. These are the types of pages I really enjoy, the lesser know visually appealing ones. You have several of them I like such as this. I also really liked the extra info you put into the page. So many mountain pages don't have the detail to get you from the trailhead to the top and the ones like this that do I think are the bext ones.

Plus, this is a crumbly rock pinnacle. So similar in style to the chossy loose stuff out here. How could I NOT appreciate it? :- )

Please keep up the great work, I really enjoy it.
Posted Nov 6, 2003 6:05 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

This should be the signature photo.

Posted Nov 6, 2003 11:00 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Barry-thanks much. Don't be givin' me ideas about lizards now...
Posted Nov 6, 2003 5:32 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

I shot it in the Wichitas on Mt. Scott on May 17, 2003. The photo was of the entire lizard, but I used Photoshop to cut/paste his head.
Posted Nov 7, 2003 8:29 am

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

You da man!
Posted Nov 6, 2003 1:56 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Nelson-LOL-you make me laugh! Thanks.
Posted Nov 6, 2003 5:31 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Excellent page! I'm glad you knew of that Albert Ellingwood report that's online, which I find notable for the vastly different writing style of a century ago (and of course it's notable for so much more...).
Posted Nov 6, 2003 3:46 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Ryan, I knew of George Bell's report, and that's how I found the Ellingwood account. Thus began the search for all things Lizard Head online. You can imagine all the potential detours I had to steer clear of on that one. Presenting all the info in a comprehensive manner was the real challenge of this page. Thanks for your vote and support.
Posted Nov 6, 2003 5:30 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

5 star page Aaron. I love the links. I remember hitting Whats New and seeing Lizard Head and thinking "holy shite" Prater submitted Lizard Head. When I saw that it was your work i can't say my interest waned at all. You are the only one for this mountain. Now that you have done all the hard work, maybe someone will stop by and submit some route photos. Well done.
Posted Nov 6, 2003 4:20 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Kane-Thanks. I'm hoping the same as you. Jon knows the mountain is up now, and since you assure me he is generous with information, I'm hoping he submits on helluvan-authoritative route description that will put SP on top of the heap. Photos will be a huge plus, of course.
Posted Nov 6, 2003 5:28 pm

GrantUntitled Comment

Grant

very nice
Posted Nov 6, 2003 7:10 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Grant-thanks. As Kane says, it was a bold move, but I had my reasons for putting it up. Chime in on the thread about Lizard Head on the Rockies page of the message board. Thanks for the vote!
Posted Nov 7, 2003 4:44 pm

DigglerUntitled Comment

Diggler

Great page, Aaron. This mountain, and the climb required to achieve its summit, has excited me since I first heard of it! Thanks for doing it justice on SP!
Posted Nov 6, 2003 7:31 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Thanks! I'm hoping some routes will be put on it which will improve the page greatly. A couple SP members have climbed it, so watch for them. Thanks for the vote.
Posted Nov 7, 2003 4:42 pm

ROGGUntitled Comment

NICE JOB, I HOPE TO ONE DAY HAVE THE SKILL AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THE NERVE TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT, A FINE PEAK IN A GREAT AREA.
Posted Nov 7, 2003 3:28 pm