Lomnicky Stit Comments

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Wow, nice page!

One question: how did you manage to do all that climbing in Slovakia?

--------------------

Hi John,

Glad peaks are popping up in every country around the world! When you've made your updates, just leave me a reply here and I'll come back and upgrade my vote.

Take care,

Morgan
Posted Feb 1, 2002 2:10 pm

JScolesUntitled Comment

JScoles

I lived there off and on for a year in 1990& 91 and married a local girl so I am always back and forth. More often now that I have a little girl usually each summer.

Not to brag or anything I have actually done about 90% of the peaks in both the Low and High Tatra. This is not much of an accomplishment since the range is quite small only 25km for the High and about 15 for the Low Low Tatra and not that high. (most non rock climbs or only 4-8 at the longest), I know of local guides and climbers who have been up most of the major peaks in a trip of only two weeks.

The last few peaks are totally off limits and I have only been up one of them and that was with a game warden I know.

The area for me is sort of played out so I am heading more often to the Alps now when I go to Europe.

The problem with adding the peaks to SP is getting info, I have a few books but all in Slovak so I have to translate and check to make sure it is accurate.

Maps are another problem as there is no good topo of the area just general trail maps also I have many conflicting notes on the names of the peaks I have climbed. I really should keep better records?
Posted Feb 7, 2002 4:32 am

Rahel Maria LiuUntitled Comment

Rahel Maria Liu

John,

please contact me if you have finished your page so that I can vote "really". Now, I am not voting but I'm only putting my name on the list of the future voters on this page.

Cheers, Rahel

8. Febr.: Great page, John!
Posted Feb 3, 2002 5:10 am

JScolesUntitled Comment

JScoles

Ok ready to go but one of the links at the bottom is giving me greif so pleas ignore it for now.
Posted Feb 6, 2002 11:14 am

Rahel Maria LiuUntitled Comment

Rahel Maria Liu

Done!
Posted Feb 8, 2002 12:40 pm

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Nice page John! Thanks for the photo of the "knife edge ridge" - looks like a fun place to visit!
Posted Feb 6, 2002 11:54 am

palaeoUntitled Comment

palaeo

Excellent work!
Posted Feb 7, 2002 12:45 am

Tomas KristoforyUntitled Comment

Tomas Kristofory

Very nice page, but those information about cheap hotels and cable car you should left. For you it could be cheap, but for Slovaks who live here, it is very expensive.

I was there twice, because I have got free tickets for cable cars and trains. I was there only by cable car, so I am not satisfied with it. I hope next time I will get there on foot. This is my favourite mountain just behind KRIVAN and VYSOKA. I miss those lovely peaks here. I have ascended Krivan 3 times. I have taken plenty photos. Unless anybody else writes page about it soon, I will do it. Those information about planned cable car to Krivan I did not know and I love it, because I LOVE KRIVAN.

KRIVAN IS THE NATIONAL PEAK OF SLOVAKS.
Posted Feb 15, 2003 6:34 am

KRZYSUntitled Comment

KRZYS

You have gooood summit.
Posted Jan 12, 2006 5:27 pm

Tomek LodowyGreat, legendary peak

Lomnica Peak is a great history ,there is a lot of fascinating information to present it here, I mean page is already very good but I'll try to send to You some infos to add soon.

Cheers