Long Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
huskertriguy

huskertriguy - Jan 5, 2019 1:34 pm Date Climbed: Dec 26, 2018

Winter  Sucess!

This was a trip including Clatsop, Columbia, Washington, Polk, Lincoln, Coos, Curry, and Benton counties.

Second the notion that Hoffman is probably the better option for the drive. (Googlemaps routes you via Hoffman, FWIW.)

Did not see anyone on the road after the last house. The bushwhack was less than pleasant in the soaking vegetation but I made it.

Little remarkable besides.

Peaker

Peaker - Apr 25, 2018 1:40 pm Date Climbed: Apr 21, 2018

Dumpster Dive  Sucess!

Super short hike mostly on road, views were pretty limited by the trees and brush but Mount Hood was visible. The dogs at Bacona were very persistent in chasing my vehicle. Used Hoffman and then Lawrence Road from highway 47 to get to NW Bacona Rd, less distance on dirt that way.

scgrant

scgrant - Sep 15, 2015 11:48 pm Date Climbed: Jul 17, 2015

Long Mountain  Sucess!

Hiked up with Marc Alifanz. Pretty much a crappy bushwhack to the top. Did Rogers Peak earlier in the day.

Fletch

Fletch - Dec 28, 2012 4:52 pm Date Climbed: Jun 6, 2012

solo  Sucess!

nice though...

calebEOC

calebEOC - Nov 19, 2012 10:49 am Date Climbed: Nov 17, 2012

Lots of rain and fog  Sucess!

A wet stomp through the brush

Dundeel

Dundeel - Jul 15, 2012 12:04 pm Date Climbed: Dec 11, 2005

Long Fellow  Sucess!

I was putting my boots on when a local came to see if I was lost or needed assistance. I told him I was after the county highpoint and he said he had lived there all his life and no one ever mentioned the county highpoint before.
The highpoint was covered in snow and not very exciting.

ericnoel

ericnoel - Oct 14, 2011 2:23 pm Date Climbed: Mar 30, 2007

Long Mtn  Sucess!

Long Mtn is pretty boring frankly.

Dean

Dean - Oct 8, 2011 1:06 pm Date Climbed: May 10, 2003

With my wife  Sucess!

My wife and I did the bushwhack to get to the high point. She was less than impressed with what this one offered. Fortunately we found a good animal path on the way back down to the road. Yes, only a county highpointer would go after this one.

Redwic

Redwic - Oct 8, 2011 12:29 pm Date Climbed: Oct 2, 2011

The Longest Thing Is The Drive  Sucess!

This was my second-to-last peak during a big 1350-mile RT excursion to do multiple Oregon CoHPs and CoGPPs during one weekend. The drive is more "long" than the mountain. Not a very exciting peak, although there are some decent views through the trees and past clearcut areas. This was my 101st USA CoHP.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Long Mountain' main page