Lovely Liana

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.59060°N / 104.715°W
Additional Information Route Type: Rock-Face then Crack
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.11b
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Get to the base of the Durrance Route by traversing the SouthWest Shoulder or climbing up the last section of the Standard Meadows Rappel. From the base of the Leaning Column travers left 6 cracks to a big bolt anchor.Start the daring dance upwards from there.

Route Description


This route was first climbed in the summer of 1993 by Liana M. Kirk and Frank Sanders. It is one fine pitch, testing both your face and crack skills.

Pitch 1. (150 ft., 5.11b) Face climb, first, up delicate but well protected edges. This section is protected by 5 well placed bolts.Jam the crack as it becomes available, up to a hanging belay at a 3 bolt chained anchor. You can rappel from there or continue up Tower Direct on the left. This is a beautiful, sustained, well protected climb on elegant rock that catches alot of sunshine. A 5-Star Classic !!! Named after a 5-Star Classy Lady !!!!!!

Essential Gear


7 quick-draws for the bolts and one each of Friend sizes: 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, & 4 will protect the route wonderfully.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.