Lower Table Rock Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-12 of 12

sparkyslug - Aug 15, 2018 10:25 am Date Climbed: Aug 12, 2018

Trail run to Lower Table Rock  Sucess!

A quick trail run up to the top of Lower Table Rock from the main parking lot/trailhead. Saw about 5 other people on the trail. Smoke (due to nearby wildfires in Oregon and California) was thin at the start of the run but was considerably thicker by the end (about 55 minutes). Couldn't see more than 2 miles from the top.

locke456

locke456 - Oct 23, 2013 10:22 pm Date Climbed: Oct 13, 2013

Hike Across The Top Is Beautiful  Sucess!

The hike here was much the same as the hike up Upper Table Rock: easily accessible, pleasant, short, but a little crowded. I preferred this hike out of the two, though, because once you reach the top of the plateau you can hike almost a mile along an old runway to a ledge that makes for a great picnic spot and gives you an excellent view of the valley.

x83415 - May 9, 2013 4:50 pm

Classic climb  Sucess!

We climbed these many times as a kid, great place with easy access.

Oregonoutdoordude - Feb 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Lower Table Rock is bomb!  Sucess!

I climb this thing like every other month, a great challenge for you locals is to climb both upper and lower in one day. A must for someone who lives in Southern Oregon.

OOG

OOG - Jan 28, 2011 12:03 am

Nice in the Springtime  Sucess!

very similar to the one near Oroville

JDrake

JDrake - Apr 7, 2008 3:09 pm

P Day Adventure  Sucess!

Had a lot of fun with a group of friends on this. Great views from the top. Might have to dig out some old photos to scan and add to this page....

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Dec 16, 2007 12:07 pm Date Climbed: Dec 14, 2007

Standard Trail  Sucess!

Cold in the morning, foggy in the valley. This is always a nice hike.

Ol Walsher

Ol Walsher - Nov 23, 2007 11:00 pm Date Climbed: Nov 23, 2007

Main Trail  Sucess!

Hiked with pops on a beautiful and clear day. Good views of the Rogue Valley.

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Apr 16, 2007 4:04 pm Date Climbed: Apr 15, 2007

I hunted for flowers...

...all the way up and got some poison oak in the process. Still a great day.

2skinners - Nov 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Route Climbed: Lower Table Rock Trail Date Climbed: November 15, 2005  Sucess!

Fourth time I've climbed it. Trail was nice even after couple of weeks of rain. A couple of large puddles on top and muddy in places, but not to bad. More details in my trip report.

cjwhat

cjwhat - Nov 15, 2005 6:32 pm

Route Climbed: Trail Date Climbed: July 24, 2005  Sucess!

Pretty easy hike. Climbed it with Jill.

2skinners - Nov 1, 2005 11:19 pm

Route Climbed: Lower Table Rock Trail Date Climbed: March 06, 2005  Sucess!

This was the second of the two Table Rocks that my wife and I climbed. We seem to enjoy this one more for some reason because we have climbed it several times more than Upper Table Rock. The most memorable climb to the top of Lower Table Rock was for the 4th of July. Watching fireworks from the top was a neat experience. Although I must warn you, if you climb to the top to watch fireworks watch out for the people that decide to drink alcohol up there, they can be quite obnoxious.

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Lower Table Rock' main page