Viewing: 1-8 of 8
tleaf

tleaf - May 13, 2008 10:28 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent Job!

The flow of the text was smooth, informative and inviting. I will definitely enjoy hiking this area soon! Thank you.

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - May 13, 2008 10:56 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent Job!

Thanks for the nice words. I am sure you will love hiking there. Cheers.

lcarreau

lcarreau - May 14, 2008 1:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Yes, I think I

can recognize this setting from Planet of the Apes. I remember
watching it when I was a kid. It's nice to have the history of
an area, because it makes it more memorable and interesting.

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - May 14, 2008 1:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Yes, I think I

Thanks Larry. Actually if you hike there you will recognize many locations from the movies. It's a great place. Cheers.

BobSmith

BobSmith - May 16, 2008 11:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Good post.

Lots of rattlesnakes in the park? The only CAL park that I've visited is Mount Palomar State Park. And I recall that on both trips in it was packed with rattlesnakes!

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - May 16, 2008 11:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good post.

Thanks for your comment. I don't know whether there are many rattlers in the park but I've seen several over the past few years there. I would guess that there are many though. Cheers.

Dean

Dean - Feb 24, 2010 1:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Back in 1966

I worked at 20th Century Fox as a driver during the summers (college job) and I remember going out there for the movie "the sandpebbles" with Steve McQueen. McQueen was an interesting guy and I have a story or two to tell about him from that movie location. Nice that it is a state park now.

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Feb 24, 2010 1:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Back in 1966

Thanks for the comment. Yes, that park has had quite a history. It must have been fun to see and experience it those days. I am glad it is a state park now too and has some protection against urban development. It's such a beautiful area so close to the city. Cheers.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Malibu Creek State Park' main page