Bob BurdUntitled Comment

Bob Burd

Nice, Dean. I've been wanting to visit the Sweetwater range for some time - county highpointing provides another reason to do so. :-)
Posted Jun 20, 2004 1:36 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Bob for being the first to step up to the plate and rate the page. I really enjoyed this one, it went by quickly and we had fun locating the red can register in the HP. It really helped to GPS it before we went as the reading was right on the money. You'll see the second cairn with a pole up on the ridge and it comes complete with a glass bottle register but alas, it wasnt the correct one and a few have fallen for it. Have fun.
Posted Jun 20, 2004 1:42 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Great page! I had been wondering about the size of the large picture and the map but then saw that you linked it from another server. Good idea!

Gangolf
Posted Jun 20, 2004 3:11 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Nice page and nice mountain! Good climbing to you!
Posted Jun 20, 2004 2:42 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Another nice page.

Posted Jun 20, 2004 8:48 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Great to see Sweetwater mountains posted! I really must visit there sometime.
Posted Jun 20, 2004 10:51 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I've got to go back myself and do the traverse listed in

Eric Siering's trip report. That looks interesting and this area is really pretty much unknown and not being protected well.
Posted Jun 20, 2004 10:56 pm

spenceUntitled Comment

spence

Nice work Dean.
Posted Jun 21, 2004 1:54 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Wow!

Took me a while to stumble across this addition to SP. Outstanding job Dean. Very thorough information and a great overview shot (panoramic)! Now will check out the photos.
Posted Jun 22, 2004 1:20 am

Dennis PoulinUntitled Comment

Dennis Poulin

Great report. Looks like it was a beautiful day for a hike.
Posted Jun 23, 2004 12:15 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Dean thanks for ther kind words they mean a lot to me... I'm planning a climb of Rainier at the end of August of the week prior to labour day this year and wanted to ask a fellow Sper (from the area) a few que.'s... I'm thinking of climbing the Emmons-Winthrop Glacier route and while i've climbed higher on Iztaccihuatl and Orizaba I have little experience with glacier travel. I do however have tremendous confidence in myself and my abilities... any suggestions or words of advice? Also how soon should I book a campsite... any idea? Thnaks for whatever advice you can give me I appreciate it greatly. -Tim-
Posted Jun 28, 2004 7:04 pm

CornvallisUntitled Comment

Cornvallis

Driven through this area a couple of times, very nice. If I really get into this HP hobby/passion all of your pages will make it much easier.
Posted Mar 18, 2005 12:19 am

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

Nicely done page with tons of info!

Sean
Posted Mar 27, 2005 1:45 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks for the vote and comments. Yes, this is a neat area. One of the things county higpointing got me doing is seeing a lot of the country. That is how I got interested in Idaho and seeing more and more of it. Most people don't know how neat Nevada is either, with tons of mountains and lots of interesting places and stuff. Did you know that only 3 people have done all of the county highpoints of Idaho? Dan Robbins is the first Idahoan to pull it off and he has a great website,

but then I'm sold on peakbagging, be it county highpoints or otherwise. You are putting up a lot of good stuff in Idaho, keep it up.
Posted Mar 27, 2005 3:19 pm

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

Thus far I have not taken an interest in county highpointing like you or Dan but will probably get caught up in the frenzy one day. Nevada does have many hidden mountain ranges that people are unaware of, but do not interest me as much as other areas because the fault blocking has created terrain where yes, you have steep sided mountains rising from the floor, yet very few mountain lakes, deep forests, and much to speak of beside the peaks themselves....I was not aware that only three people have done all the Idaho CHPs, is that your goal one day? It is quite a task to take on!....Thanks for the complements on the pages, if you think this stuff is good, just wait until this summer! I have 16 first recorded ascents planned of unnamed peaks in the area and cant wait to share.

Sean
Posted Mar 28, 2005 1:20 pm

Dow WilliamsUntitled Comment

Dow Williams

"Oregon - Only Mt. Jefferson remains"

Everybody has 3 sisters, eh?

Believe I already said something, but I am up for Mt. Jefferson as well. Eyed it this past March, looked like a better summer climb. Looking to get out of these flood conditions. Will travel south. Cheers!
Posted Jun 28, 2005 3:23 pm

brianhughesUntitled Comment

brianhughes

Excellent page, Dean. I climbed Middle Sister yesterday (29-Oct), and the info on this page was invaluable. I just have one minor nit to pick regarding the following statement:

"The distance from the corral area to the summit and back is about 12 miles with an elevation gain of over 3300 feet."

I assume you're referring to the route shown in red on the topo map at the bottom of the main page? That's the route I did, and I'd guess the distance is no more than 6-7 miles round trip. Anyway, thanks again, and I'll put up some photos, and maybe even a trip report if I have time.

Posted Oct 30, 2005 9:55 pm

brianhughesUntitled Comment

brianhughes

I took a pretty good look around on the summit of Middle Sister, but did not find a register. The registers at the Von Schmidt marker and also at the County Highpoint were in good condition.
Posted Nov 1, 2005 2:07 am