Midi de Bigorre Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4

tomherren - Feb 4, 2019 8:29 am Date Climbed: Oct 1, 2018

Fall Summit  Sucess!

Beautiful day of climbing. Made it to the top in about 3.5hrs and had the entire mountain to ourselves. Very enjoyable and scenic!

Flachlandtiroler - Aug 16, 2016 5:30 am Date Climbed: Aug 1, 2016

Normal route  Sucess!

Started from P.1944 below Col du Tourmalet.
The cable car is a complete rip-off with 38 euros for the retour ticket and what's more: They refuse hikers to enter the station/restaurant etc. in case the don't pay 18 euros *entrance fee*.

Rick B

Rick B - Nov 26, 2006 9:20 pm

Good views!  Sucess!

Went to the observatory on a nice summer day with great views over the Pyrenees. I think I was 12 years old or something :-)

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Sep 21, 2006 9:28 pm Date Climbed: Sep 17, 2006

Hard but amazing day  Sucess!

Very hard day after a recent snowfall. In the last part of the ridge NE a lot of snow and dangerous ice. We're lucky to take the rope to the last meters. For the scape of the terrace we must to realize a rappel in the ice to exit to the snow of the ramps of normal route from lake d'Oncet. In col de sencours we returned to Col d'Aouet across a long walk for the Cabanne d'Arizes. Total slope of 2003 meters and 10 hours (4h30 to summit).
In the summit with the cableway damaged we lived a special momment, we're lonely in the most popular summit of all the Pyrenees... amazing!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Midi de Bigorre' main page