Minarets Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
cp0915

cp0915 - Nov 30, 2006 3:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent!

I've yet to visit the Minarets, and have always been fascinated by them. Thanks for the great resource.

jfrishmanIII

jfrishmanIII - Nov 30, 2006 6:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Family History

Nice page! The Minarets are on my must-visit list, inasmuch as Ken Minaret was first ascended and named for my grandfather Kenneth Adam (also F.A.-ed the Royal Arches) and his partner Kenny Davis. Great friends, great climbing partners, they both passed away within a day of each other in August 2005. If you have any photos that show Ken Minaret, I'd love to see them.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Nov 30, 2006 8:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Family History

I hope to climb Ken on my next visit there. Here's the best pic I have of it, from the summit of Kehrlein.

jfrishmanIII

jfrishmanIII - Nov 30, 2006 10:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Family History

Thanks!

mrwsierra

mrwsierra - Dec 1, 2006 12:10 am - Voted 10/10

well...

this sure is an outstanding overview of one of the coolest places in the Range of Light. Thanks for posting.

McCannster

McCannster - Dec 1, 2006 2:07 am - Voted 10/10

Great Page Bob

Hope to get out there this coming summer!

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Dec 1, 2006 6:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Nothing Less

Another masterpiece Bob! Nice!!!!

losangeleshiker - Sep 6, 2014 1:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Request for photos of summit register pages

If you're climbing in the Minarets, you can help with the search for the remains of climber Matthew Greene by taking photos of summit register pages dating from ~7/12/13 to ~7/31/13, assuming it's safe and convenient to do so. Matt disappeared on July 17, 2013; it's thought he had an accident in the Ritter Range or on his way there from Mammoth.

We know Matt climbed certain Minarets (Clyde, Riegelhuth) and not others (Adams, Michael, Pridham). We’re mostly trying to find people who might have seen or spoken with him on or before the day he disappeared or might have noticed something amiss soon thereafter.

For more info and links, please see the following:
http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/request-for-pictures-of-summit-register-pages-from-minarets-t68231.html

Bob, this page is full of excellent resources; we've found it very helpful.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Minarets' main page