Monte Bianco di Courmayeur Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
snilen

snilen - Sep 23, 2023 3:02 pm Date Climbed: Jun 22, 2015

From summit of Mont Blanc  Sucess!

Windy, but not difficult. Solo from summit of Mont Blanc

Jeroen Vels

Jeroen Vels - Aug 25, 2016 11:19 am Date Climbed: Aug 17, 2016

Innominata  Sucess!

Climbed it as part of the Innominata.

markhallam

markhallam - Jul 14, 2013 2:24 pm Date Climbed: Jul 11, 2013

Finally got here!  Sucess!

On 5 previous Mont Blanc ascents I have looked across at the Italian summit, floating serene above the clouds and thought I really should go there...
And this time, despite a rough night bivvying in a thunderstorm, on top of Mont Blanc, I was so glad we made the effort to go across. As rgg says, the only tracks on the route were ours - which made things mildly challenging. But also as Rob says, best not to try to go over all the little pinnacles, but to drop down a little to traverse the steep upper slopes of the west face. The only disappointment was that the final summit bump wasn't safe to stand on due to cornicing - we had to make do with crawling up and touching it with our ice-axes - so not the anticipated birds-eye view of Courmeyeur (though some quite impressive glimpses up to half way along, before we dropped below the crest.

rgg

rgg - Jul 12, 2013 12:49 pm Date Climbed: Jul 11, 2013

Early morning side trip  Sucess!

with Mark, from the summit of Mont Blanc and back. There was no trail, so we had to find our own way. Some rocks blocked the ridge, and so we went around them on the glaciated western slopes.

bruno baschung

bruno baschung - Jun 15, 2008 3:11 pm

innominata  Sucess!

Climbed after innominata ridge...

highest top of Italy if you don't admit that border line is on top of Mt blanc as italian maps shows...

Bruno baschung

schmid_th

schmid_th - Sep 8, 2006 10:00 am Date Climbed: Jul 14, 2005

Mont Blanc traverse  Sucess!

After traversing to the top of Mont Blanc from Refuge Cosmique we climbed the highest peak of Italy with perfect weather. Then we went back to Mont Blanc and descended the Bosses ridge.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Monte Bianco di Courmayeur' main page