Mont Richardson Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
technicolorNH

technicolorNH - Aug 18, 2015 10:30 pm Date Climbed: Aug 17, 2015

With Mont Joseph Fortin  Sucess!

An hour and forty minutes to the top. The view of Hogback Mountain to the southwest was exceptional and the overlook on Joseph Fortin was well worth the side trip.

Tahawus

Tahawus - Jul 15, 2012 2:45 pm Date Climbed: Jul 2, 2012

Mont Richardson  Sucess!

Climbed with Mont Joseph-Fortin via the trail from Route 160. Very cloudy, but great views all around. The lake in the col between Joseph-Fortin and Richardson is a highlight. The trails are incredibly easy - very wide with few even moderately steep areas.

chilkoot

chilkoot - Aug 23, 2006 3:09 am

Beautiful summit

Great peak with views of lots of other great peaks, many of which are without any trails.

snowbeeworld

snowbeeworld - Oct 23, 2005 10:49 pm

Route Climbed: Normal rte Date Climbed: March 2001

Very nice to climb with skis. It's a very long day because the approach is long, the road that we use in summer is closed, plan a 6-7 hours round trip. Once your at the top of the first mountain, then you have to climb the cone that is still an hour to go, but very nice view of Albert and Hog's back. Also lot of snow, so enjoy, and if you dont have skis, you can rent some at the Gites du mont Albert.

Seth Maciejowski

Seth Maciejowski - Oct 18, 2005 3:59 pm

Route Climbed: From the north Date Climbed: July 2005  Sucess!

A very nice hike to the top. The little lake just below the summit is really picturesque. This peak is a little different from the others in the park because it has more of a summit "cone" unlike Jacques Cartier and Mont Albert which are pretty much like big plateaus. This place looks like it would be amazing in the winter for skiing.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mont Richardson' main page