Montagne d'Argent

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.13100°N / 74.674°W
Additional Information Elevation: 1640 ft / 500 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Climbing at Montagne d'Argent

Montage d'Argent (Silver Mountain) is a great Rock and Ice climbing spot. Is has been developed since 1990, the first climbs were done in early 1950 (some old pitons). It is the most important climbing area in the Laurentides for the pas few years. The overall climbing is about 5.10 and is full equipped with sport routes (+100) and trad routes (+100). Most of the climbs are well protected and has belay stations, making is affordable for most climbers. Classic routes are : Boeing S 5.9+, Arete des Urubus T 5.10+, Spooky S 5.10b, Rav 4 S 5.10a, M&M T 5.9, Coeur Vaillant T 5.10b, and lots more. Some nice Ice climbing in the winter also, Voie Du Bucheron 3+, Edelweiss 3+ and more.

Getting There

Follow the 15 route form Montreal and get to St-Jovite (all facilities are there). There is an Outpost, Bunkhouse and camping area right on the spot, toilets (3), rescue gear (2) and lost of fun.

Red Tape

The Montagne d'Argent offers a season pass about (25$ Can) or you need to pay a day fee.

When To Climb

Summer : May to October Winter : November to April

Camping

Directly on the spot or in one of the camping sites in the area.

Mountain Conditions

Check out (local Website) : http://www.montagnedargent.com/ (Weather) : http://www.meteomedia.com/Meteo/Villes/Can/Pages/CAQC0615.htm

Local Topos and Books

Here are some of the topos you can find at local stores in Montreal.

External Links

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
bonita

bonita - Dec 31, 2007 5:51 pm - Hasn't voted

more about the people and the place

After our first visit there last year (spring 2007), we immediately signed ourselves up for a season's pass, which is good for ice and rock. I fully appreciated the variety of climbs, the welcome we received from the people we met, and the natural surroundings, which seemed to be in good shape. I think the owners and staff have created a place that embodies the *spirit* of climbing at its best. I love the small scale of the place and the sense of community I experienced amongst the climbers. More on the climbing: the place offers trad, sport and top-rope; routes ranging from 5.1 to 5.12; a handful of 2 and 3 pitch routes; about 10 (or more) different climbing "sectors", most of which are within 10 minutes from camp. I think this place is a jewel - please only share it with people who you think will respect and love it too!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1