Monte Albo Comments

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Good job Gangolf! Another great mountain to add to your ever-growing list. Very nice photos as always too. Awesome job and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Aug 17, 2004 6:57 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Britt. I'll need another vacation since the Sardinian mountains are running out :-(
Posted Aug 18, 2004 2:14 am

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

"Look ma, another Haub page."

"Yeah, but is it a sucky Haub page?"

"No, but..."

"But, what? If it's not sucky, it's not news. He's as bad as that Klenke clown."
Posted Aug 17, 2004 7:51 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

You're right, It's not news. Some of the Italians asked me to put some order in my Sardinian pages - and since I wanted to do that anyway - I added this one. There'll be one other one - and then: DONE!

Greetings from clown to clown ;-)
Posted Aug 18, 2004 2:13 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks, Klaus!
Posted Aug 18, 2004 4:13 am

Gabriele RothUntitled Comment

Gabriele Roth

fine,

but a little heavy to charge ..

Posted Aug 18, 2004 7:04 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Simply outstanding work. I always learn a lot when I read one of your summitpost pages.
Posted Aug 18, 2004 7:38 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks, Dean! If you've learned something, it was worth the effort ;-)
Posted Aug 18, 2004 8:09 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Very comprehensive. I'm looking forward to the 'last' Sardegna page - encompassing all others - or what?
Posted Aug 18, 2004 11:44 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks, Vid. No I won't do a "Sardina all in one" page. The last one will be the Monti di Gennargentu, Sardinia's highest mountains. But if you have followed the single summits I posted you will know that they are a little boring. So I took a day off today. I'm going through my pictures to see if I can post something in the last two weeks before my vacation (I didn't answer your question as to where we go: it'll be Maria Luggau in Lassachtal just accross the border from Sexten. I hope to do some trails in the Carnic Alps, Lienz Dolomites and Gailtal Alps. Perhaps even somewhere in the southern Tauern).
Posted Aug 18, 2004 3:26 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Nice choice Maria Luggau! From there my wish is to do a 2-day (or even longer) trek along the main Carnia crest - From Sillian hut over Porze etc. towards Peralba. Must offer nice views around, especially on (real) Dolomites. Lienzer Dolomites are certainly nicer from the other, northern and western side (I didn't climb a single mountain, that's a shame!). But doesn't matter. I can also resommend you Hohe Warte. The northern ascent is UIAA II - the beginning, later its secured. See my SP contributions! Also Monte Peralba is very fine! Other Gailtaler Alps are less attractive (everything is relative, of course), except the alone standing Reisskofel. We summited it just this Sunday. I have a few slides and have already written the SP page :-)

So, a lot to do for you. I wish you nice holidays already now!

What comes now on my mind - it would be a great pleasure for me to meet you - I can imagine - on some summit :-)) But I don't know how September will look like for me.
Posted Aug 18, 2004 5:07 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks for all the comments and info. I have three guidebooks so I think I'll manage quite well - as I always do. Usually we drive quite a lot to get to our trailheads since we normally just do day tours. So I think I'll see the Lienz Dolomites from the north ;-) I'll probably go over to Sexten once or twice as well. But all depends on the weather!

Of course I'll be only too happy to get to know you (and your wife ??!!??) in person (real not virtual). If you can find the time just drop me a note on my mobile: +491759317877. I'll check it in the evenings ;-)

Oh, yes, we'll be in the area from Sept. 4th through 25th.
Posted Aug 19, 2004 2:05 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Gangolf,

hard to keep up with the votes :)

quality stuff as usuall. Like the overview photo where you label the formations - I know that takes some work.
Posted Aug 18, 2004 5:03 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks, Radek. Doing the annotations doesn't take so much time, finding out which peak is where does!
Posted Aug 19, 2004 1:58 am