Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks again!
Posted Mar 25, 2004 12:52 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Oops, submitted too early. You seem to be following my alter ego around my pages. :-)) I feel the need for an explanation:

Yep, I've been voting myself at the beginning. You can tell with this page, why I did so. I started my "career" with adopting two mountains and when I did this one - one of y first ones - nobody seemed to want to notice. I didn't want to have it put up for adoption - therefore the alter ego. I kept voting myself for a time until I found out it wasn't really neccessary anymore. Nowadys I'm pretty well known at SP and of course the pages are better than at the beginning. The votes keep coming in without my own "help".

The other thing I have been doing with this account is experimenting with the voting habits of SP-members. I cross-commented two of my pictures so that they stayed on the "What's New" page. The only thing I got out of that was lots of visits but almost no votes. I suppose it's always the same people who look at this page all the time.

So here you are (confession done). I hadn't been using that account for the last two month and yesterday thought about a comment to the fake picture thread in the General Forum. But then didn't post and forgot about my identity. Found out later and you caught me while I was trying to hide my traces :-))

Crime never pays and you get caught anyway. At least I do. All the time. However minor the offense.

Have a nice day

Gangolf
Posted Mar 25, 2004 1:03 am

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

No judgemnets from my side Gangolf.. I too was very frustrated at the beginning by the lack of attention my pages received... though these days that seems like a distant memory... I never thought I'd put up pages that would receive 20+ votes... I am also a fanatic here at Sp and pay attention to a lot of things many people do... its kind of fun... in lieu of the fact that at this time in my life I live far from any prominent mountains except for Silver, Split Face and Sentinel Dome... (three pages that I have put up).

You've lost no repspect in my eyes and sorry if I put you on the spot it was an involuntary response on my part.
Posted Mar 25, 2004 2:12 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

:-)
Posted Jun 6, 2004 1:12 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Marco! I have seen you have transferred the Carnic Alps page. Thanks and I'll do my best to get ALL mountains in there. Puh! It will take time!

Have a nice weekend!
Posted Oct 2, 2004 5:29 am

liviozUntitled Comment

livioz

In the clear days, from Ligurian coastal relief one can sometimes see sothwards the Corsica profile.

Nice page!
Posted Nov 22, 2004 3:55 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Livio. Happy that you took the opportunity ;-) to visit the page! Probably the first one who actually read it ;-)
Posted Nov 22, 2004 5:35 am