Monument Hill Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
T. White

T. White - Jun 3, 2023 11:06 pm Date Climbed: Jun 3, 2023

From Visitors Center  Sucess!

Outstanding natural beauty - the rolling hills, oaks, grasses, and flowers under a blue sky. One of the most magical places I've ever walked.

Fletch

Fletch - Apr 21, 2018 9:24 pm Date Climbed: Apr 21, 2018

Tour de parque  Sucess!

Date weekend... fun!

IronHiker

IronHiker - Nov 28, 2017 6:28 pm Date Climbed: Nov 2, 2017

With Poppy Hill  Sucess!

Easy peasy, jogged most of the way.

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Mar 31, 2017 3:34 pm Date Climbed: Mar 31, 2017

Nice loop  Sucess!

What an absolutely beautiful place! Thanks to all the moisture the wild flowers were abundant. We saw plenty of lizards, and also interacted with a coyote. The views here are beautiful, this is just a very peaceful place to visit. We enjoyed 10 minutes of yoga on the summit!

mebo1126

mebo1126 - Feb 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Favorite day hike  Sucess!

This is one of the best day hikes in southern california. I love the plateau!

mcmurdosound

mcmurdosound - Feb 9, 2013 1:29 am Date Climbed: May 10, 2011

great hike  Sucess!

HIked this a couple times on a 9 or 10 mile loop. Seen some rattlesnakes, but still waiting to see a mountain lion on the plateau! My favorite hike in Southern California, by far.

Deb

Deb - Jul 15, 2009 7:07 pm

Lotsa Runnin'  Sucess!

I've ran to and around this hump a hundred times in the past year....sometimes it gets quite HOT, and sometimes I see the mountain lion. Love the plateau!

tarol

tarol - Feb 1, 2009 9:35 am Date Climbed: Jan 31, 2009

Beautiful area!  Sucess!

Hiked a 9-mile loop - started at Hidden TH then went to the vernal pool then back to the adobes and around the Adoebes Loop and then out the Punta Mesa Trail then up the backside of Monument Hill then back to the TH via the Oak Tree Trail. The weather was gorgeous, the views amazing, wildlife abundant, wildflowers just starting to bloom, and huge gorgeous oak and sycamore trees. Wonderful place to see what all of California used to look like, so glad it was preserved! Going to go back in a month or so to check out the wildflowers. I hear there are chocolate lillies :)

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Oct 13, 2008 5:39 pm

Nice Area  Sucess!

I have hiked this many times over the years. Also, lately I have been doing alot of trail running for different points up to the top.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Monument Hill' main page