Moonlight canyon / Holdvilág-árok

Moonlight canyon / Holdvilág-árok

Page Type Page Type: Canyon
Location Lat/Lon: 47.67347°N / 18.96990°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Moonligt canyon

I think Moonlight-canyon is a beautiful nature creation, located in Visegradi hills. Same like Ram-canyon, although Moonlight-canyon is not so long, and not so narow.
It long is about 500m.
Curiosity of the canyon are the "Y" shaped cave and some carving on the cliff. Theirs ancestry are doubtful.

Getting There

From Budapest follow the secondary national road No 11. Before you reach Szentendre, turn left to Pomaz. From Pomaz you have to go about 4km, when you reach some houses in the right side of the roadway. After that started the hiking path (about this area choose the 2nd external link).
Mouth of the canyon is about 1.4km form the roadway. There is a little spring where you can fill your bottle.

Map

You can buy a map about this area.
PILIS, VISEGRA'DI-HEGYSE'G TURISTATE'RKE'P
Touring Map
1:40000
ISBN: 963 353 116 0 CM
On this map you can find so many beautiful hiking tracks in this area.

External Links

About hikeing Map
If you follow this link you can find Moonlight-canyon near to the arrowhead.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
dmiki

dmiki - Feb 21, 2008 4:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Moonligt -> Moonlight

but I think you should also add the lovely sounding Hungarian name, "Holdvilág-árok" to the page.

Sene

Sene - Feb 22, 2008 9:53 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Moonligt -> Moonlight

Yes, of course. I'll correct it in a minute.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.