Mount Alander Comments

hgrapidWeather link?

hgrapid

Looks like the weather link doesn't work.
Posted Mar 7, 2006 2:31 am

FlandersRe: Weather link?

Flanders

Tried using TimeTemperature.com, but could not find the location on the page where they give you the link to use.

I am trying different things - any ideas?
Posted Mar 7, 2006 3:04 am

Brian JenkinsUse this

Brian Jenkins

Paste the code below into your page minus the space after the "<" in the beginning of the four areas (I had to put those there so it would show the code). For some reason the timetemp site doesn't have the old link where you can do this. I started copying the code from my former pages into the new ones and it works still.

Insert the nearest town (well, nearest town of any size) into where it says Prairie+city and the appropriate state in the spots where it says "or" and it should work. You can also play around with various numbers in the 6 digit area to get different colors. Let me know if you have any problems. I'll vote on your page and pics tomorrow, my home computer won't allow me to do that with spV2.

< a href="http://www.timetemperature.com/cgi-bin/getttw/getttw.cgi?
theme=default&user=default&forecast=hourly&place=Prairie+city&state=or
&country=us&zipcode=&icao=K5J0">
< img src="http://www.timetemperature.com/cgi-bin/getttw/hwimage.cgi?
theme=default&user=default&forecast=hourly&place=Prairie+city&state=or
&zipcode=&icao=K5J0&country=us&bgc=769156&tc=black&t=&metric=0&display=" border="0" width="175" height="90">

< a href="http://www.timetemperature.com/cgi-bin/getttw/getttw.cgi
?theme=default&user=default&forecast=zone&zipcode=&place=Prairie+city
&state=or&country=us&&metric=0">
< img src="http://www.timetemperature.com/cgi-bin/getttw/hwimage.cgi?
theme=default&user=default&forecast=zone&zipcode=&place=Prairie+city
&state=or&country=us&bgc=769156&tc=black&t=&metric=0&display=" border="0" width="330" height="203">
Posted Mar 7, 2006 3:36 am

FlandersRe: Use this

Flanders

I tried that - it didn't show up. Nothing displayed.
Posted Mar 7, 2006 3:43 am

Brian JenkinsRe: Use this

Brian Jenkins

Email me what you put in, maybe I can figure out what is wrong.
Posted Mar 7, 2006 6:05 am

FlandersRe: Use this

Flanders

This is what I used (excluding the first space:

< a href="http://www.timetemperature.com/cgi-bin/getttw/getttw.cgi
?theme=default&user=default&forecast=zone&zipcode=&place=Mount+Washington
&state=ma&country=us&&metric=0">

I copied it from my Hogback page and entered the new town and state. It just shows the headers and nothing more.
Posted Mar 7, 2006 12:46 pm

Brian JenkinsRe: Use this

Brian Jenkins

You have to have the bottom half of that paragraph too to tell it what colors, etc to use. If that doesn't work, try spelling washington with a small w. If that doesn't work, I think the town is to small to be carried by timetemp and you may have to find a larger close city.
Posted Mar 7, 2006 7:52 pm

FlandersRe: Use this

Flanders

Must have been too small - even though using it in the search worked. I changed it to Great Barrington and now it works.

Great Diddley Ate!!!!!
Posted Mar 7, 2006 11:45 pm

EastKingNice page...

EastKing

but you might want to add some pictures within the page to make the page stand out. You have two exception shots that would really bring out the color of this page.
Posted Mar 7, 2006 8:44 am

FlandersRe: Nice page...

Flanders

Thanks - I was hoping others would post some shots. Mine were taken on a sunny day and are pretty much washed out - if more come in I will add them to the text although I don't like the way the page shifts when they are entered (see the Alander Trail page).
Posted Mar 7, 2006 1:30 pm

EastKingRe: Nice page...

EastKing

To avoid having the page shift, you want to have the photos medium and centered so that the writing will be above or below the text, not shifted by the text. That one overlook shot look like a good one to put just before the main text of the overview. PM me if you need any help.
Posted Mar 7, 2006 11:05 pm