SoCalHikerFantastic page

SoCalHiker

as always I might say :) Gorgeous pictures, too. Great work, Guido
Posted Oct 19, 2010 11:30 am

mrchad9Re: Fantastic page

mrchad9

Thanks Guido. As you know it's a good bit of work involved to put a good one together, but always satisfying once it's done. Appreciate the comment.
Chad
Posted Oct 19, 2010 1:01 pm

SoCalHikerRe: Fantastic page

SoCalHiker

It certainly is...
Posted Oct 19, 2010 1:23 pm

NoonduelerThis prominent peak's

Noondueler

been sitting there a long time. Good to see you covered it. Secor briefly covers it in his Sierra book. Great pics too!
Posted Oct 19, 2010 9:13 pm

mrchad9Re: This prominent peak's

mrchad9

Thanks so much Noondueler. I really enjoyed the area there too.

So Secor does. I had completely overlooked it, I checked the wrong section. Had no info at all when I headed out. But 'brief' is a bit of an understatement. In my edition there's only 6 words on the peak!
Posted Oct 19, 2010 9:48 pm

MoapaPkTruly good work, but

MoapaPk

...I was waiting to hear what Darija had to say. Actually, sounds like a great peak; remote, little-climbed.
Posted Nov 6, 2010 6:17 pm

mrchad9Re: Truly good work, but

mrchad9

I don't know if this one is hardcore enough for her, maybe if done in a day. But it is a fun one and the ridge is very enjoyable. One of my favorite weekends this summer.

Did not see a soul the entire trip- great place to get away. The summit register had not been signed since 2005 (still hasn't). Much of that is due to it's current lack of a writing instrument. It doesn't get a lot of traffic though. Thanks MoapaPk.
Posted Nov 6, 2010 6:53 pm

yorbaramRenamed?

Hi mrchad9,

I might have the wrong peak, but I think this one might get an official name soon. According to Mammoth Times, it may soon be Mt. Andrea Lawrence. Sorry if I have the wrong peak (see photo in link below)!

Posted Dec 24, 2012 11:04 pm

mrchad9Re: Renamed?

mrchad9

Wow you're right. The latest named peak in the Sierra. That's it in the picture from the southeast. I had received an email about some peak getting this name, I had no idea it might be this one and hadn't taken the time to look at it yet.

Updated the page a little bit... I figure this won't get vetoed (though perhaps next time Barbara Boxer will follow better protocol and consult with the SP page owner before renaming peaks in the area). :-)

Will clean it up more when I return from vacation in a couple of weeks. Thanks for highlighting!
Posted Dec 25, 2012 2:14 am