Mount Avalon Comments

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Very good page on a Crawford Notch Mountain. Author has recent winter pix and great panoramas.
Posted Jan 11, 2004 7:56 am

DeanUntitled Comment

It may be a "lesser" peak but you've done a nice job of presenting it. Looks like a good wintertime hike. I just put up a "lesser" peak myself and understand the value of t hem.

Posted Jan 11, 2004 9:11 am

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Hey Dean. Thanks for the vote. It's definitely a "lesser" peak in a beautiful area of New England.
Posted Jan 11, 2004 2:22 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Good stuff!
Posted Jan 11, 2004 9:13 am

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Hey Alan. Thanks for voting. I'm off to Chile on Wednesday. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Jan 11, 2004 2:23 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Another great page for an eastern peak!

Posted Jan 11, 2004 9:22 am

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Thanks for voting. I've been going to post this one since my last trip up there. Beautiful area.
Posted Jan 11, 2004 2:26 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Great page! I loved the view from this mountain in winter. I will load up some of my pics from Mt. Avalon soon. There are few better vantage points of Mt. Washington than this mountain.
Posted Jan 14, 2004 11:53 pm

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Damn good page.
Posted May 23, 2005 10:27 pm

PopoffUntitled Comment

Good page.
Posted May 26, 2005 11:41 am

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Thanks for the vote.
Posted May 29, 2005 11:32 pm

wjusticeUntitled Comment

Just wondering why none of our 4 photos were kept posted on this site. It would be nice to see shots from a different season besides winter. Not everyone can get vacation during that time of year, particularly those who work in education. Also, seeing people in a photo tends to give more perspective.
Posted Aug 5, 2005 7:29 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

wjustice,

I have no control over what happened to your pictures. I am very sorry they were not put up. I don't have the power to erase picture (that would be the elfs). I wouldn't ever erase any pictures at all period .

Unfortunately many on this site don't like hero pictures or group photos. I personally wouldn't add pictures are group photos not anywhere near the summit or without a view. I still wouldn't erase them though.

My advise would be to resummit your photos onto Mt. Avalon and if they are hero or group photos submit then to the section list summit picture log . I am one the few that actually don't mind hero photos as long as they are on the summit.

Please base your judgement on my page, not on the fact that possibly the elfs or someone higher up erased your photos.
Posted Aug 10, 2005 12:49 pm

wjusticeUntitled Comment

Thanks for the message. Also, thanks for the tips about submitting pictures.
Posted Aug 12, 2005 9:12 am

header1974Avalon trail

header1974

Hiked Avalon Trail June 6 and what an aweseome day. Ran into 30 AMC workers cleaning trail at bottom doing an excellent job. Wonderful day bright sunny clear as bell see top of Mount Washington towers clear as day. What a view and two parts of climb are steep but not too bad. Can't wait until next climb in Mount Washington area.
Posted Jun 9, 2010 9:58 pm