Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Mar 8, 2008 7:21 pm - Voted 9/10

Needs some work....

Hey Lloyd,

Earlier, I said what I thought, and since posting that rather lengthy "Comment," I've received emails from people I respect, with reactions varying from agreement, to agreement with "most of" what I wrote, to my going on too long, to an accusation of me being "irked" that someone beat me to the page.

Well okay....

I wish you well on the Cleveland page, and any others you wish to put up (and by all means, don't let this experience deter you from doing such!). I believe a page such as this should have lots of photos (and if you wish, you can use any of my either current or future images), and lots of information. Others think that's nonsense, that a "spartan" approach is best, and that my pages are...ridiculous (they probably are, but I can live with that—I enjoy making them).

Eventually, you'll come up with what works for you. (But if you can find more photos, I'd sure use them....) Send me a PM if you have any questions; I'll help if I can.

No matter what, rising over all, Cleveland's a great peak!

Vernon

hgrapid

hgrapid - Mar 8, 2008 9:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Needs some work....

Agreed.
This is a good start, and congrats on making the summit! I am suspending judgment as you work on this page over time. This mountain is the jewell of Glacier National Park. While I don't believe you need the detail of a more accessible "major" peak like Longs Peak in Rocky Mountain National Park, I would look at Saint Grizzly's pages for GNP and try to follow his model. Best of luck!

lloyd

lloyd - Mar 9, 2008 8:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Needs some work....

He Vernon,

I appreciate your comments. I really enjoyed your trip report on Mount Cleveland too. I'm very excited about this page and hope to make it great! The photos I took on my previous two attempts were with a 35 mm camera, so I'm going to get my girlfriend to scan them so I can post some of them here. Your pictures were outstanding, I'd like to use them as well. At any rate, I hope you will keep checking back and let me know if you have any ideas for me.

Thanks,

Lloyd

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Mar 19, 2008 2:07 pm - Voted 9/10

Page has come a long way!

Good job, Lloyd! I have definite plans to climb Goat Haunt this summer—hopefully giving some stunning close-ups of the North Face—as well as another attempt scheduled on Cleveland in August. With luck, more photos to come from those outings.

You might be interested in this article from the Missoulian. It's about wolverines in the Many Glacier Area, and is the best article about the critter I've ever seen. Even if you decide not to use it on the page, it's worth a read, just for interest!

I'm impressed with how this page just keeps getting better...! Good job!

—Vernon

P.S. I took the liberty of attaching the Mount Cleveland page to the GNP page....

dbates - Mar 28, 2008 12:18 am - Hasn't voted

Excellent

I found this page to be exceptionally helpful and very accurate. Full of information, and with enough history and interesting tidbits to make me want to climb it again.

D.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mount Cleveland' main page