Mount Cramer Comments

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

I can already imagine the great photos that you'll put on this page, Bob!

The Sawtooths are beautiful - I'm happy to see more peaks from this range on SP.

Radek
Posted Feb 9, 2004 7:53 pm

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

Thanks Radek, but my pix are crap! I've been trying to fix them, but they're too weird to fix it seems. I'll keep trying, but it doesn't look good. Now I'm gonna wish I could go back there to get some decent photos, but there are just too many places to go! Anyway, I did enjoy looking at your shots from Warbonnet - those are terrific, and they much better represent the Sawtooths than my photos do. Hope to see more in the future!
Posted Feb 9, 2004 11:44 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Nice page, nice pics (even if they aren't yours yet).
Posted Feb 9, 2004 8:55 pm

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

Thanks Paul. I was hoping Dan would upload his great pix, and he did! Not sure if you'll see any of mine - having no luck getting the red out of them. :-)
Posted Feb 9, 2004 11:46 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

May I suggest you never visit the Desert Southwest. The rocks are all red down there, meaning you surely wouldn't be satisfied. Ha.
Posted Feb 10, 2004 12:39 am

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

I don't mind red rocks - I just don't like red where it's supposed to be white or blue or gray or brown or whatever, nor do I like red-shifted film. You should see the prescans on these slides - even you wouldn't post them I predict. :-) There's so much red that even when I try to digitally zero out all light, there are rich red splotches left in the brightest areas while the rest of the scan is black. Actually, the wird thing is that the slides don't really look that bad, but the scanner is very sensitive to red. I've been trying to figure out how to tone down that sensitivity, but so far no luck with these slides.
Posted Feb 10, 2004 9:48 am

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Send me three sample jpegs of your red-shifted images (one okay, one moderate, and one bad). I'll see what I can do with them to "get the red out" using my scanner software. No guarantees.
Posted Feb 10, 2004 1:40 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Atta boy Bob, a new page in a state we need to do lots of stuff in.
Posted Feb 9, 2004 10:38 pm

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

Thanks Dean! When you climb Cramer you'll get some good pix for this page. Mine are junk! :-(
Posted Feb 9, 2004 11:47 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Isn't it amazing how often we wish we could go back just for the photos we missed or didn't take or didn't like. I added a couple books for you, hope you don't mind : ))
Posted Feb 10, 2004 12:43 am

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

Don't mind at all. I don't know the books well enough to know if they include information about the Sawtooths - there are lots of mountains in Idaho, and Cramer isn't one of the higher ones, so I figured it wasn't a sure thing that it would be in any particular book. Thanks!
Posted Feb 10, 2004 9:56 am

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Good information and will look much better with the future pictures.
Posted Feb 10, 2004 4:45 pm

Fred SpickerUntitled Comment

Fred Spicker

Nice page - but you need to attach the photos.......
Posted Aug 5, 2004 3:29 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Good page, but needs photos attached. To do this, go to the "edit" mode. At the bottom of the page is an attach/detach photos feature.
Posted Dec 29, 2004 6:08 pm

Jack BUntitled Comment

Jack B

any photos?
Posted Jan 3, 2006 2:44 am

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

My slides were sorry on this climb, but I've now got a much better film scanner, so I'll try again someday. -Bob
Posted Jan 3, 2006 10:06 am

splattskiTrailhead moved, parking is free

splattski

The upper trailhead was moved by the Forest Service (in 2012?). It added about 1.5 mile each way.
On the plus side, there is now a bridge across Hell Roaring Creek, so no wading required.
Also, the parking permit (and fee) requirement was abolished in about 2005.
Posted May 29, 2013 4:49 pm