Viewing: 1-20 of 30 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Already a good page! Just change the elevation in the title heading because as of now it is at zero. Good job!

-Britt
Posted Feb 27, 2005 11:07 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Britt for the heads up on the elevation. I got that fixed. I've toyed with putting this one up for about a year but finally decided that it might be helpful to those who want to combine a vacation and a county highpoint effort. As always, thanks for your kind words. I appreciate it.
Posted Feb 27, 2005 11:34 pm

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Good page!
Posted Feb 28, 2005 1:21 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Bor. If you ever want to visit an original wild west town, this one would be a candidate.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 1:19 pm

Eric SandboUntitled Comment

Eric Sandbo

Thanks for including Mark Twain. I read Roughing It to my nine-year-old last year. People associate him with the Mississippi, of course, but he saw a lot of country. For his none-too-serious account of his own expedition in the Alps, read A Tramp Abroad.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 2:37 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Eric. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Mark Twain bit and that you have taken the time to read "Roughing It" to your son. I had a chance to spend part of a week in Angels Camp (Ca) and Mr. Twain really made his mark in that area as well. They have frogs painted everywhere. (Jumping Frogs of Calaveras County) I'll pick up a copy of "A tramp Abroad", thanks for the tip.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 1:22 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Nice work again Dean!
Posted Feb 28, 2005 9:43 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks alot David. My wife has read the page and now wants me to take her there so she can see Virginia City. I appreciate your vote and comments.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 1:25 pm

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Great page with detailed route info.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 9:55 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you for the comments and the vote. I added another route, the Ophir grade route and linked to a report for a third one so there are plenty of options while visiting historic Virginia City.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 1:26 pm

RobUntitled Comment

Rob

Very nice page!
Posted Feb 28, 2005 10:45 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Rob, I've been enjoying your recent pages as well. Edgar and Fountain Peaks are calling my name.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 1:28 pm

cp0915Untitled Comment

cp0915

Great historical information. As usual, a nicely done page.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 12:18 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Great Job Dean!
Posted Feb 28, 2005 12:24 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks for the vote. I remember seeing your outstanding Center Peak page that you put awhile back. Good stuff.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 1:30 pm

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Excellent job as always Dean.

And I thought I was the only one who takes photos of interesting pages in the summit register!
Posted Feb 28, 2005 4:25 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Joseph, I appreciate your nice remarks and the vote. Yeah, I do take pics of registers and benchmarks. The nice thing about digital cameras is that the 'film' is cheap. Nice effort on Superior the other day. You guys are really on a great roll.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 5:15 pm

Don NelsenUntitled Comment

Don Nelsen

Dean, what a great page! Great history, too. I'm a real Mark Twain fan and I loved the quote you included.

You county highpointers have all the fun!

dn
Posted Feb 28, 2005 6:22 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Don. If it weren't for Bob Bolton and county highpointing, I would have missed not only this neat area but tons of other places that chasing county highpoints forces you to go. You can go from the heights of Mt. Rainier to the farmers field in Adams county here in Washington, but each is an adventure (will the farmer shoot me? )

I now have seen all of Oregon and most of Nevada thanks to CoHp'ing as well as huge chunks of California, Idaho and Utah, all of which I'm still working on.

What a great country we live in and there is still so much to see.

Another great arena of fun is prominence peaks. Ask Bob to explain that to you, it is another source of adventure, even more so than county highpointing. Again, thanks.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 7:11 pm

wildstarUntitled Comment

wildstar

Nice addition to the Nevada County Highpoints group.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 9:53 pm