Mount Ericsson Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Romain

Romain - Jul 14, 2021 2:21 pm Date Climbed: Jun 17, 2021

West Ridge  Sucess!

Trip report.

YEM

YEM - Aug 30, 2020 2:52 pm Date Climbed: Aug 20, 2020

East Face  Sucess!

From Harrison Pass and the Vidette drainage. The route was very straight forward until the upper portion. I hit a traverse to the second notch on the right and curved around the middle summit. Then I crossed over a final notch back to the east side for the west summit ascent. Forest fire smoke was thick after several days of thunderstorms, but the views were still fantastic. This peak feels a long way away from anywhere.

Deb

Deb - Sep 1, 2016 10:54 pm Date Climbed: Aug 27, 2016

East Face Pk #3  Sucess!

Peak #3 after we tagged Gregory's Monument and Stanford. Short trip considering the elevation, and enjoyable scramble with the opportunity of Class 4 fun to the summit.

seano

seano - Sep 24, 2013 1:24 pm Date Climbed: Sep 18, 2013

East face  Sucess!

Scrambled up on my way around the head of the Kern on day 2 of a Kaweah loop backpack. It was mostly class 2, with a bit of fun stuff close to the top. Not finding a register, I also climbed the harder sub-summit to the south. Trip report.

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Aug 20, 2013 6:55 pm Date Climbed: Aug 17, 2013

East Face  Sucess!

From Harrison Pass first up Stanford and Caltech before heading over to Ericsson via the east ridge/slope. I felt this peak a bit overrated but ok on the summit area. Several crags worth climbing but the easy north one remains highest. Still missing the register. Descended the west side to Lucys Foot Pass and then up Deerhorn to cap off the day.

Michael Graupe

Michael Graupe - Jul 18, 2011 5:38 pm Date Climbed: Jul 16, 2011

West Face  Sucess!

From camp at East Lake climbed Genevra via Milly's Foot Pass. Wanted to go on to Jordan but once I saw all the snow around Jordan's summit blocks went to Ericsson instead. Straight forward climb from Lucy's Foot Pass. Searched for the nice summit register but could not find it. Lots of smoke from a wildfire (Granite Fire?) blowing up from the southwest. Descended the east side to Harrison Pass on steep snow. Harrison Pass was also still all snow with a cornice on top with no easy way around. Fortunately there was a less than vertical weakness in the cornice over which I could downclimb.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Apr 22, 2009 10:27 am Date Climbed: Jun 8, 2007

Via University Pass  Sucess!

Oddly, the fastest way to Ericsson is probably over University Pass. Matthew and I did this as a dayhike with nearby Mt. Stanford in early June. Got lost trying to find the class 3 route on the east side, but eventually found it for the descent. Trip Report

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Mount Ericsson' main page