Viewing: 1-5 of 5
mpbro

mpbro - Feb 13, 2002 1:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

looks nice.

Rahel Maria Liu

Rahel Maria Liu - Feb 14, 2002 2:58 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hi Eastking,

good page! But unfortunately, you do not give any answer to the fourth standard question of evaluation of a quality of a mountain-page: "Does the page point you to other useful resources on the web or in print?"

If you add some links and addresses/phonenumbers concerning infos about the area, camping, lodging, public transportation as well as book titles, I will give you the 4 stars.

Regards, Rahel

14. Febr.: John has added a great link (which I copied to the link-section) as well as books. So I changed my vote already.

John

John - Feb 14, 2002 11:48 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

EastKing - good job. I look forward to hiking this one day. How about a 32.5 mile loop from Lincoln Woods connecting the Bond Range, South Twin, Garfield, and the Franconia Ridge? If I went with Josh, he'd probably convince me do it as a dayhike ;-)

Some minor notes:

  • Overview Paragraph #1: "1) the relative ease of the hike to the top via the Garfield Ridge Trail (class 1) from Gale River Road (off Route 3)" - it would be clearer if you said "Garfield Trail" since only the last 0.2 miles of the 5 mile route to the summit is on the Garfield Ridge Trail.
  • Gale River Road: I believe this is more commonly known as the "Gale River Loop Road" aka FR-92
  • Overview Paragraph #4: I believe the Garfield Trail is 4.8 miles, not 4.6 miles. 4.8 miles + 0.2 miles on the Garfield Ridge Trail coincides with your 10 mile round trip figure. The 4.8 mile figure is used in the AMC White Mountain Guide and Map Adventures plastic map.
  • The trail distance between Mount Lafayette and Mount Garfield is 3.5 miles
  • Garfield Trail Trailhead elevation: 1500'
  • Garfield Trail - Garfield Ridge Trail junction elevation: 4180'
  • AMC Garfield Campsite link: http://www.outdoors.org/lodging/campsites/campsites-profile.shtml#garfield
  • I also added 2 books. The Map Adventures book comes with a plastic map (that I purchased separately recently) that is currently my favorite map of the Whites. The AMC Tyvek maps are a close second.

EastKing

EastKing - Feb 17, 2002 9:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you very much John for taking the time to help me on the webpage and thank you for supporting the page. Your feedback has helped me tremendously and I greatly appreciate it. The page looks a lot better now. Thanks again.



As for the loop hike around the Pemigwasset Wilderness, I am definite game for that. That loop hike has been tempting to me for a while. I haven't done South Twin or The Bonds yet. I loved to go.

CharlesD

CharlesD - Jan 29, 2005 10:35 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Very nice page on one of the more remote Pemi peaks.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mount Garfield' main page