Mount Holmes Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5

aepler315 - Nov 21, 2023 12:57 am Date Climbed: Nov 3, 2023

Amazing  Sucess!

What a great hike. I followed Gimpilator's gpx track for the most part. The summit area feels like it's gonna fall apart. Make sure to bring enough water to spend some time up there. Quite the view.

scgrant

scgrant - Jul 10, 2015 12:55 am Date Climbed: May 3, 2015

Holmes  Sucess!

Awesome hike. I did Holmes following a climb of Hillers the day before. Really cool hike through the slick rock to the North Ridge and scramble to the top. Pretty straight forward going along the North Ridge despite it's intimidating appearance on the approach. I was thankful for the start of this hike being right off Highway 276 as I had blown a tire on the drive into Hillers the day before and was on my spare.

WOLFrising

WOLFrising - Apr 27, 2013 12:32 am Date Climbed: Apr 25, 2013

The Dumbass route   Sucess!

Is what I dubbed our very steep and rotten alternate take on the traditional ascent. Make sure to connect with the main ridge before heading too high on the very pleasant slickrock. The basalt between that point and the granite above turns a quick climb into a tedious slog that can easily double your trip time. Summit views were incredible regardless, and at least three climbers can fit on the summit block.

Dean

Dean - May 17, 2009 6:10 pm Date Climbed: May 13, 2009

North Ridge  Sucess!

Tough hike as once you are off the old road, it is cross country and route finding. Fortunately Greg had put this SP page up and that helped a lot in our efforts as we knew what we were dealing with and Andy Martin just seemed to "smell" out the route so I credit Andy and this page for allowing us to find the exact chute that led to the rather airy summit. Only room for one person on top. Register dates back to the late 90's with few entries.

Kadee

Kadee - Nov 24, 2008 3:54 pm Date Climbed: Apr 28, 2007

North Ridge  Sucess!

Amazing area! I love this area. I was happy to find out that the western summit block wasn't the highest point. The top had amazing views of the area. Very fun, interesting hike! The hike was never more than class 3 with great route finding by Greg.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mount Holmes' main page