Mount Hooker Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
SarahThompson

SarahThompson - Aug 28, 2018 10:57 pm Date Climbed: Aug 18, 2018

East Ramp  Sucess!

Scrambled up the east ramp route from a camp at Pyramid Lake. I hiked to the saddle between Pyramid and Hooker, then dropped down to and below Haley Pass to access the route. Traversing to it from the Haley Pass trail entails climbing over massive boulders. The crux near the top of the ramp was wet and it felt harder than 3rd class.

BrianChase

BrianChase - Aug 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Nice Scramble  Sucess!

Great Views - All Alone

byates

byates - Dec 7, 2008 11:50 pm

Via the east ramp  Sucess!

A really fun route, we circled the summit Plateau.

wyopeakMike

wyopeakMike - May 31, 2008 12:45 pm

Hooked on the Winds  Sucess!

I had a camp at Pyramid Lake which is a very special place. The day before I had hiked up Mt Geike. The boulder field from Hailey Pass over to the ledges on Hooker is quite the Talus jungle. Huge boulders to climb over,around, and under. The route is an easy, yet very fun scramble. The summit views are incredible, the view of Musumbeah was a spiritual experience. What an amazing peak to look at. The summit plateau of Hooker is vast. I walked all along the north face looking down at an amazingly steep wall. It is sheer vertical to the bottom. The views to the north of Mt Roberts and others was amazing. Mt Hooker is a true gem of the Winds. Everything from an easy scramble, to world class wilderness big walls.

b.

b. - Jan 5, 2005 10:29 am

Route Climbed: East Ledges Date Climbed: July 1999  Sucess!

We spent a month camped below the South face of Mt. Hooker in the East Fork Valley climbing peaks. On a rest day, we hiked up Pyramid, then over Hailey Pass to Hooker. The route is easy, but the view is superb. Looking at that enormous face was belittling.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mount Hooker' main page