Mount Irvine Comments

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Nice page.
Posted Nov 20, 2002 11:29 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Really nice work. I've been checking out other mountain pages and trying to get ideas and your page is one of the ones that I find helpful.
Posted Dec 15, 2002 8:37 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Thanks for the nice compliment, Dean.
Posted Dec 15, 2002 11:01 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Your signature photo is outstanding. I can't believe it only has 3 stars. I give it 4. It's nice to see comprehensive pages like yours.
Posted Jan 1, 2003 7:20 pm

mrolphUntitled Comment

mrolph

Once again--Great page!
Posted Jan 22, 2003 1:25 pm

Diego SahagĂșnUntitled Comment

Diego SahagĂșn

Please add more PHOTOS in the main page sections, more BOOKS (if in a amazon.com) and LINKS in their sections. Delete "Miscellaneous Info" if it's going to be empty, you'll always have the chance of adding sections.

Gracias
Posted Jan 26, 2004 8:48 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Thanks for the vote and comments, Diego. I deleted the "Miscellaneous Info" section. Funny that it never occured to me get rid of this, but it is unnecessary. I'll delete it on my other pages during future updates.

Unfortunately, I'm unaware of other pertinent links or books. The only books covering this mountain is R. J. Secor's book and another that is out of print (both are mentioned).
Posted Jan 27, 2004 11:23 am

gabrieleUntitled Comment

gabriele

putting actual info into a little section about routes could make it easier to read ...

ciao
Posted Feb 1, 2005 2:15 am

bcrowell2from Arc Pass

It might be helpful to have a separate page for the route from Arc Pass, although I'm not sure I'm qualified to write it. Secor describes taking a "broad" class I chute from Arc Pass up to the ridge, then dropping down to the east side and traversing to the summit of Irvine. Standing on Arc Pass, at least four chutes are visible, and it's not possible to tell what chutes are "broad." Ruling out the scary-looking chute to the north of Arc Pass left several possibilities on the south side. I went up the first chute (nearest the pass), tagged Irvine, and came down the second one south of the pass. The second one seemed like it had a lower angle and less loose rock.
Posted Jul 7, 2014 1:00 am