EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Page is very good even before photos. Looking forward to the page after the photos.

-Eastking
Posted Mar 16, 2004 8:27 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Posted Apr 11, 2004 7:19 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Nice page. I've never been to that peak.

Posted Jul 9, 2004 8:50 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Some people kick in low stars because they are just assholes.

One thing that I've noticed about a lot of the people here--they are SERIOUS mountain climbers and seem to have a certain disdain for eastern peaks and for casual hikers. I can't blame them--if that's what they like; and they are very serious about their hobby.

The eastern mountains are all I've ever known, and I may never get out west, or out of the country, to climb those truly huge 3K meter and above peaks.

So I like the pages that feature the Appalachians, and the Ozarks, and Porkies, and Adirondacks, etc.and etc. Those are the places most familiar to me, and I can idnentify with the folk who visit them.

I never vote on a picture unless I can give it four stars. Only time I ever gave anyone less than four stars was by accident--didn't realize which star I was picking until I noticed that the guy's scores were going down as I voted (you do things like that at 2am). And you can't make it right by revoting.

Posted Jul 9, 2004 1:26 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Nice addition to SP.
Posted Oct 13, 2004 3:54 pm

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Not a major world mountain, but a useful page for somebody in the area interested in climbing. Without mountains such as this, much of SP's practical value is lost for those of us who aren't world class mountaineers.
Posted Oct 13, 2004 4:15 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Thanks. There are a lot of places to do rock scrambling on this mountain, and it is always a nice hike to get some decent views of the Virginia mountains. You can hike it all day, or hike it in less than an hour from Skyline Drive, but I think it is one of the best hikes in the park.
Posted Oct 28, 2004 12:46 pm

HalikuUntitled Comment

Haliku

Enough data for anyone who wants to hike up it.
Posted Nov 3, 2004 1:11 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Nah, this 1 1/2 hours drive from my backyard. Thanks for the vote!
Posted Jan 30, 2005 9:47 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

attm:

I hope that Italian jerk doesn't notice your Charon Gardens posts. He won't consider those excellent summits "mountains" and will zero-star your work.

Posted Jan 30, 2005 11:00 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Although the Shenandoah mountains are very different from Oklahoma's Witchita, they are all very climbable, and excellent recreation areas. However, we should stop bugging Gabriele.
Posted Jan 30, 2005 12:00 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

No, elitist assholes should stop being vengeful jerks.

Your Mount Marshall summitpost is a legitimate one. Well done. It hardly deserves a zero-star vote for the simpleton's reason that someone from Italy doesn't think it has enough exposed rock on it, or that its base doesn't start from a 2K meter plateau.

Place Mount Marshall from base to summit on a European plateau and it, too, would be covered in glaciated valleys and etched by rockfalls and devoid of trees.

Posted Jan 30, 2005 2:03 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Pretty cool mountain and handy to DC. I noted that this mountain rises more than 1/3 higher over the town of Flint Hill , than the Tre Cime rises over the Refuge Locatelli.
Posted Jan 30, 2005 9:27 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

I've found that elitist snobs grow in every nation. Unfortunately.

Posted Jan 30, 2005 10:59 am

pilz8Untitled Comment

pilz8

Nice page, you have done a nice job representing the mountains of Shenandoah National Park.
Posted Jan 30, 2005 2:05 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Hey, thanks a lot!
Posted Jan 30, 2005 4:10 pm

WhiteLiefUntitled Comment

WhiteLief

Nice job. Great to have a comprehensive approach to them thar hills.

-David
Posted Jan 30, 2005 7:18 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Thanks a lot.
Posted Jan 30, 2005 7:56 pm

nick22185Washington Dc

Can you see the Washington monument and the Capitol Building, etc from Mount Marshall?
Posted Apr 21, 2007 12:12 am

hgrapidNot close

hgrapid

No, these are miles away. They can't be viewed from any actual mountain really.
Posted Apr 21, 2007 6:11 pm