Bob BurdUntitled Comment

Bob Burd

Nice work. But what the hell is Mt. Oklahoma doing in Colorado anyway. I bet they don't have a Mt. Texas there. :)

A search on topozone shows neither a Mt. Oklahoma nor a Mt. Texas. Must be one of the more obscure ones not yet recognized by the USGS (?).
Posted Oct 27, 2002 12:55 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Lots of topozone maps don't show much detail (names) unless you change the scale. Mt. OK in Colorado-good question! But what a great mountain! I've climbed it via the east ridge and thoroughly enjoyed it. It could be called Mt. dumb dumb for all I care. I recommend it!
Posted Oct 27, 2002 2:01 pm

affsprungUntitled Comment

Bob and Aaron - Mt. Oklahoma is in Colorado because my dad, Harold Affsprung, worked via the US Geological Survey, and the CMC, I guess, to get it named back in 1967. He was from OK and taught at OU and figured a lot more Oklahomans were climbing in CO than folks from from Harvard, Princeton, etc. I've climbed the mountain twice but not since 1967. I agree with you that it's a nice mountain. My dad fell from LIttle Bear and was killed in '67 - not long after the Oklahoma name became official. He had been climbing in CO since the 50's.

Eric Affsprung
Posted Mar 16, 2004 7:18 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Cool page, might want to add a link to the campgrounds or maybe a phone number though.
Posted Oct 27, 2002 1:26 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Kane has done a good job representing this mountain in text and pictures. You can bet that if Kane went to the trouble to submit it to SP, it's worth your time to check it out. Having climbed Mt. OK, I can vouch for this. Kane was just the man to introduce this mountain to SP. Good job, Kane!
Posted Oct 27, 2002 2:06 pm

peakwolfUntitled Comment

peakwolf

Another excellent page. Great job!
Posted Oct 28, 2002 10:43 am

callthedoctorUntitled Comment

callthedoctor

The weather links is a great touch....
Posted Jun 15, 2003 5:12 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for the 4 star. It's good to see your visits to Colorado mountains. Ever have any questions, let me know.
Posted Jun 15, 2003 8:06 pm

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Great page!
Posted Sep 17, 2004 11:24 pm

johnmcysUntitled Comment

johnmcys

Very well done!!
Posted Jul 29, 2005 7:56 pm

SaintgrizzlyNice page...

Saintgrizzly

...I agree with the above; this is indeed a nice mountain!

(Second paragraph: problem with the HTML--I'm guessing you left out a closing switch....)
Posted Sep 17, 2006 2:06 am

KieferVery Nice!

Kiefer

Damn fine work here, Matt! The page looks fantastic! I really like the layout. Most of what I remember of Oklahoma involved a 6 peak day with most of Oklahoma being done in the dark. Heinous bushwhack out to the lower 4x4 road.

After looking this over, I might want to rethink my opinion of this mountain. Props!! :o)
Posted May 7, 2013 2:07 pm

Matt LemkeRe: Very Nice!

Matt Lemke

Thanks! It's a pretty hike for sure especially having the view of the entire Massive traverse
Posted May 7, 2013 2:08 pm