Viewing: 1-20 of 22 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

smudgeUntitled Comment

smudge

Interesting information in your overview. Great page. Nice job!
Posted Oct 10, 2003 8:45 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Jon, Great page. Oh yea, welcome to SP. I think you will have fun with this site, there are many here whom enjoy reading pages like ours.

In the next day or so I will link my East Beckwith page with your Mount Owen page.

BTW- when you get some time you need to sign the summit log, it might sound silly but it really gives other members here a good idea concerning your experience level. And considering your experience is extensive, most of us here would love to know what kind of guy we are dealing with. It took me a couple of years to sign those goofy logs until a few prominent members talked me into it.

Posted Oct 11, 2003 12:27 am

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Real nice stuff.
Posted Oct 11, 2003 6:03 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Great page and welcome to SP. I look forward to seeing your submissions. Alan
Posted Oct 11, 2003 8:50 am

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

Great job. I like the geology explanation. I wish I knew more about that kind of stuff.
Posted Oct 11, 2003 11:57 pm

marygilbertUntitled Comment

marygilbert

Nice page Jon. Hope that You might add a Weather Link.....Your photos atke me to another space...and its a good one. Thank You for Your Time and Effort. I don't know that I'm ready, yet, to write a mountain page yet, but Yours is surely Inspirational.
Posted Oct 12, 2003 10:51 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Nicely written and great prose! I love the writing style. A few typos but otherwise flawlessly conceived. Great photos that include your hiking companions! This gorgeous area will eventually see my return.
Posted Oct 13, 2003 8:03 am

AlpinistUntitled Comment

Alpinist

I wish I had your talent for writing. Very nice! Your map coordinates are off though. The Topozone link isn't working. Try adding a (-) minus sign in front of 107 to make it west instead of east...
Posted Oct 13, 2003 5:42 pm

AlpinistUntitled Comment

Alpinist

Your map coordinates are still off... I think the numbers you entered are in deg/min/sec. However, the SP page accepts decimal degrees only. The Topozone name search page will give you the correct coordinates in decimal degrees.
Posted Oct 13, 2003 9:25 pm

GrantUntitled Comment

Grant

Sounds like a fun mountain.
Posted Oct 14, 2003 10:45 am

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Beauty, Jon. Kane should be proud. In fact, this ups the ante! Great photos, too.
Posted Jan 22, 2004 7:20 am

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Nelson,

Thanks much for the input and vote. I think I might be spending some time upgrading my favorite mountain pages... please let me know if I go overboard :)

Cheers

Jon
Posted Jan 22, 2004 7:14 pm

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

I love the page, and the format is wonderful!
Posted Feb 5, 2004 4:58 pm

hunkanUntitled Comment

hunkan

Great!
Posted Mar 30, 2005 8:53 pm

jrfUntitled Comment

jrf

Amazing mountain. Thanks for putting up the page and inspiring me to climb to this summit.
Posted Oct 3, 2005 10:32 am

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

jrf,

Thanks for the vote. Finaly someone else signed this mountains summit log! I'm glad you enjoyed the mountain. Have you ever spent time in the Ruby Range before?

Cheers.

Jon
Posted Oct 3, 2005 9:56 pm

jrfUntitled Comment

jrf

No, this was my first time out to the Crested Butte area. I will definitely be back for more. I saw so much terrain that I want to explore. I totally understand the pull of this area now.
Posted Oct 4, 2005 4:07 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Hey James,

Thank you much for all the votes. I appreciate it!

Jon
Posted Feb 4, 2006 1:32 am

CharlesDgood stuff, Ruby?

CharlesD

Great stuff, Jon. I was recently down in the Rubies and climbed Ruby Peak. The original intent was to do Owen and Purple as well, but we ran out of energy and motivation. Arduous climb up the east ridge (not recommended) but great views from the top of all the leaves down to the west and snowy Maroons to the north.

I'm considering putting up Ruby Peak as it's own page, but you've done such a thorough job of it on this page, I'm not sure it needs it. A lot of the information would be repeated. Perhaps this should be Owen/Ruby instead?

Posted Oct 10, 2006 3:26 pm

JonBradfordRe: good stuff, Ruby?

JonBradford

Charles,
Actualy I think Ruby deserves its own page. It is a fun little mountain, certainly challenging if tackled on its own from the south (and aparently the east as well, where did you start?). If you want to do a page you are welcome to use any text from the Owen page (I'll delete redundant stuff). I have some other photos of Ruby I could submit as well.
Cheers