Mount Rose Comments

GarethUntitled Comment

Gareth

Good mountain page. I would suggest that you add a link or two to a website that would give a current forecast for the area (www.weather.com, www.crh.noaa.gov, etc.) under the “mountain conditions” heading. If you don’t yet know how to make a live link check out this thread: How do you make a live link?

You also need to enter the lat. and long. coordinates for the mountain, this way the topozone feature will work (among other reasons). I looked them up for you: Mount Rose, Washington: 47.5056°N, 123.2881°W.

Posted Jun 13, 2004 2:07 am

OlympicMtnBoyUntitled Comment

OlympicMtnBoy

I'm going off to camp to work for the summer but I'll be sure in my spare time to add a local weather link. Thanks for the advice
Posted Jun 13, 2004 2:22 pm

OlympicMtnBoyUntitled Comment

OlympicMtnBoy

And thanks for the coordinates too. Much appreciated
Posted Jun 13, 2004 2:23 pm

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

You submitted some great photos of the surrounding mountains -- the page just needs a good picture of Mount Rose itself (unless I missed it). That's all it will take for me to change this rating to 4 stars.

Your text is brief but I think it covers all the essentials. What a beautiful area! Must hike there some day.

Please add coordinates for Topozone.
Posted Jun 13, 2004 10:43 am

OlympicMtnBoyUntitled Comment

OlympicMtnBoy

I'd like to get a picture of Rose by the end of this summer. If anyone get's a picture of Rose itself put it on! Thanks
Posted Jun 13, 2004 1:59 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Good first effort. Keep on submitting!
Posted Jun 13, 2004 11:54 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Good page, but try adding some more route details.
Posted Jun 13, 2004 3:12 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Cool.

Were thinking of doing this one some time ago.
Posted Jun 13, 2004 4:22 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

OMB:

I like it when obscure WA mountains are put up. This one fits into that category, in my opinion. Just today (6/14/04) I climbed a really obscure peak in the Gold Bar Quad called "Gambol Knob" (Pk 2740). Lo and behold, I'm climbing up its SE Ridge and I see fresh boot prints. Then, at the summit I see a film cannister register with a name and a date--6/13/04. That's YESTERDAY!! Unbelievable.

Note: Mt. Rose is not east of Ellinor but SW (see here choosing 1:100,000 for the scale). Also, you've got the lat./long. coordinates transposed. It should be 47.5058N and -123.2893W (you have to put the negative sign in there for Western Hemisphere coordinates).
Posted Jun 14, 2004 6:48 pm

OlympicMtnBoyUntitled Comment

OlympicMtnBoy

You don't need a Northwest Forest Pass to park at the trailhead. Just park your car in the parking area and your good to go!
Posted Jun 18, 2004 8:25 pm