Viewing: 21-36 of 36 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

wildstarUntitled Comment

wildstar

Fantastic page.
Posted Nov 9, 2004 12:35 am

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

Thanks Levi (I think that's your name).

Do you my friend Dennis Poulin from Medford? He's a peak-bagger extraordinaire, as his "few words" confirm. He'll be looking to climb Ritter, Lyell, and North Palisade in the Sierras next summer - actually I hope to join him on those as well. Interested?

Bob
Posted Nov 9, 2004 9:41 pm

wildstarUntitled Comment

wildstar

I don't know Dennis, I have only lived here just over a year. I would be very interested in joining you guys in the Sierras next year.

Enjoy,

Jon (my nickname is Levi)
Posted Nov 10, 2004 12:03 am

bc44caesarUntitled Comment

bc44caesar

Great job!
Posted Nov 14, 2004 2:15 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Nice page, Bob. I like the webcam.

AE
Posted Feb 10, 2005 4:37 pm

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Great Page!! Great touch adding the webcam to the page.
Posted Sep 24, 2005 8:42 am

cp0915Untitled Comment

cp0915

I remember being a little kid and being intrigued by the little jar of ash my grandma kept in her China cabinet. "What's this ash, Grandma?" "That's from Mt. St. Helens," she said. I remembered hearing about Mt. St. Helens...wow! Kid stuff. Anyway, great job on the page.
Posted Feb 2, 2006 12:53 pm

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

Thanks Courtney. Yeah, my mom was driving from Wenatchee to Walla Walla that morning, and when she saw the "storm clouds" to the SE, she wondered what was going on because the forecast had been for sunshine and no rain. South of Quincy the stuff started landing on her car and she figured it out, turned around, and slowly limped into Quincy to stay with some friends there until she could get home. Probably saved the engine in her car!

My uncle and aunt, who taught me mountaineering, were climbing Hood that morning by the south route, and when they got to the summit had a fabulous view of the event.

Pretty exciting stuff! And now that dome is growing very fast. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years.

Bob
Posted Feb 3, 2006 1:15 am

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

Correction - she saw the "storm clouds" to the SW! Duh....
Posted Feb 3, 2006 1:24 am

cp0915Untitled Comment

cp0915

Indeed. A very interesting situation. I had a great conversation with someone last night about the eruptive history of Mt. St. Helens. Intriguing stuff. I wish I would have gotten up her, even pre-2004.
Posted Feb 3, 2006 10:32 am

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Great looking page. Hopefully Mount Saint Helens won't get any shorter anytime soon. But that would be one hell of an update!
Posted May 30, 2006 1:37 am

Brian Jenkinsbad link

Brian Jenkins

Bob,
Your Cougar Store link at the top is not working as of 9/2/08.

Brian
Posted Sep 2, 2008 9:39 pm

Bob BoltonRe: bad link

Bob Bolton

Brian, thanks! I modified the link to point to the Lone Fir Resort. Change sure is hard to track on the web! -Bob
Posted Sep 3, 2008 2:21 am

CurtissimoLU-WIT

Curtissimo

great report with lots of up to date info...

i would really like to see people start to reuse the more noble native names of the peaks; the Mountaineers have done the most damage in this regard by propagating the newer and less noble names. For this peak that would mean a LU-WIT at least in parenthses after the pale-face name of the peak.
Posted Dec 20, 2008 4:30 pm

destination360Trip Report

destination360

Worm Flow Route
Climb date: June 11, 2011
Start time: 8:15 am
Finish time: 5:20 pm
Conditions: Slight wind and partly cloudy skies

Early season conditions still exist at Mt St Helens, which required us to begin from Marble Mountain Sno-Park. We followed the Worm Flow winter route. Overall great day and here's some photos and virtual tour:

Posted Jun 14, 2011 9:14 pm