Viewing: 1-20 of 22 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

gordonyeUntitled Comment

gordonye

Vote revised after page adoption, Dec 9, 2002.

Vote revised again Jan 20, 2003.
Posted May 24, 2002 12:46 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Gordon, I think it's safe to say that scotthubley is a summit squatter!
Posted Dec 9, 2002 9:51 am

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

I adopted this page from the squatter, fixed it up a bit, and took out all of the copyright infringements. Let me know what you think of the improvements.
Posted Jan 20, 2003 4:54 pm

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Morgan, I adopted another neglected peak, fixed it up, and took out all of the copyright infrigements. I see you've contributed quite a bit of information to this peak, and you have been to the park. Would you like this peak?

Martin
Posted Jan 20, 2003 4:46 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Hi Martin,

It's funny, I was actually the original submitter! I did a couple dayhikes in Sir Douglas's shadow, and the steep limestone slabs and crevassed glaciers had the look of an epic alpine climb. Unfortunately, I effectively knew nothing about the mountain, as evidenced by the page, which was unmodified since I gave it up for adoption in May, 2002(?). Pretty tough to find any beta on the web, too.

So the short answer to your question about taking the page back...nah, I certainly couldn't improve on what you've got now. Great work.

This site could really use a few good Canadians to step up to the plate and overhaul at least the "important" mountains like Robson, Assiniboine, etc.

Later,

Morgan
Posted Jan 21, 2003 10:06 am

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Thanks Morgan. I got some info on this peak from a guy I climb with. Unfortunately, he won't participate in this site. I will hold unto it, until I find someone suitable to maintain it, has climbed here, and has something to add.

Martin
Posted Jan 21, 2003 11:10 am

TodoVerticalUntitled Comment

TodoVertical

I love Canada. I lived there four years.
Posted Mar 25, 2003 11:39 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Good updates.
Posted May 1, 2004 12:07 am

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Nice one William! I'd love to go there sometime.
Posted May 7, 2005 1:32 pm

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Good to see you take this page over Dow. I did a bunch of work on the page, to fix it up from the original submitter. I'm sure it will be even better soon.

Martin
Posted Jun 7, 2005 12:05 am

Dow WilliamsUntitled Comment

Dow Williams

Thanks Martin, I did this solo last summer and it meant a lot to me. One of those complete solitude trips, camping by yourself at the foot of a glacier. Nobody really wants to take on Sir Douglas, she has a bad reputation with rock fall. Interesting enough, it was ice fall that almost ended my story. Now I feel I have some intimate relationship with her and William had asked me last month if I was interested as he had not climbed her. I am honored to take it over. I love this mountain. Cheers!
Posted Jun 7, 2005 12:34 am

Ed FUntitled Comment

Ed F

Great page.
Posted Jun 8, 2005 3:59 pm

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

Thanks for another excellent page! Very inspiring! Sometimes I can hardly believe how fortunate I am to live on the edge of all this--Glacier, Waterton, Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Canadian Glacier, Revelstoke, Robson--it rather keeps coming at you, on and on and on.... Unbelievable!

Totally unrelated question: When speaking of the Haig Glacier you used the word "consistency" a couple times. What are you meaning by that?
Posted Jun 8, 2005 6:28 pm

Dow WilliamsUntitled Comment

Dow Williams

Saint, I feel like one lucky bastard every morning when I look out the window. There is no place on earth like this, or at least I am content not to find out anymore.

Consistency-Haig Glacier... I was having a hard time getting my camera to focus on the summit, the cold was getting to it and my hands weren't doing that well either...so the pic of the Haig is horrible...but what I was trying to infer was that she does not shift open crevasses much...remains a solid like blanket even through the warm summer months. Most of these Kananaskis glaciers start looking rather ragged and broken up towards the end of the season....it is a majestic white carper effect...wish I had a better photo...cheers mate

Posted Jun 9, 2005 12:55 am

Fred SpickerUntitled Comment

Fred Spicker

Dow,

Thanks for fixing this one - great job.

Now that there is a maintainer who has been there, I will vote.
Posted Jun 9, 2005 9:23 am

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Very impressive! I've heard a lot about the Canadian Rockies, but after exposing myself to them a little bit more fully, I realize that I truly must get out there someday. Nice work!
Posted Jun 10, 2005 11:05 pm

hkutukUntitled Comment

hkutuk

Weath of information, great page just like the many others!
Posted Jun 30, 2005 1:19 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Amazing country. I can see why you let that area adopt you.

Jove.