Mount Stone Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 31 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Hey great page. When did you do this one?
Posted Sep 8, 2003 11:02 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

thanks Brian.

Kind of a late decision since we knew the weather was supposed to go bad, wanted something short and not too far from home - did it Saturday.
Posted Sep 8, 2003 11:11 am

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

oh cool, good for you. I must have voted before you put your summitlog in. Same deal for me on Sunday, last minute I decided to do something and ended up hiking up Bull of the Woods down by Detroit.

Weather is supposed to be good this weekend for your Rainier climb. Good luck!
Posted Sep 8, 2003 2:28 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks Brian!

Yeah, keepin' my fingers crossed. When I look out the window now it doesn't look good but then again it's still couple days away. So are you going for West Ridge on Stuart? Remember Anrew? He and another friend of ours did it last Saturday. If you want to, I can get you in touch with him regarding any beta. One thing I did ask was how easy was it to find the descent route down Cascadian from the summit and they said that it's marked with cairns.
Posted Sep 8, 2003 4:03 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Sweet! Martin couldn't do Mt. Stuart this weekend so I'll be doing Cascadian Couloir solo most likely. Good info to know that it's marked though. Thanks! Hopefully, I'll be able to go back sometime and do the West Ridge, looks like a cool climb.
Posted Sep 8, 2003 7:12 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Dave,

Thanks for the vote (and I'll make the caption corrections). I will add a photo of Lake of the Angels after work today - and I THINK it's the right lake. We actually messed up on the way up and stayed on the trail too far - I think we actually got to the lake before going off trail.

It's definitely a great fun mountain. Views are of course outstanding! Want to do Pershing next for a day-climb type outing. Also want to do Mt. Clark out of Royal Basin (ever do that one?) via the 5.0 route - not sure when we'll get the chance for that though.

Radek
Posted Sep 9, 2003 11:13 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

I don't have a map in front of me. Which route did you take? If I remember the guidbook, all routes up Pershing begin either from Hamma Hamma road or ...I forgot the FS road # - basically a road between Hamma Hamma and the access route for Ellinor/Wash. Your Pershing adventure sounds more serious than I thought that mountain would be - the book does give the climb 8 hrs TH to summit though (it's as long as the Brothers climb via standard route and I think you need to cover a lot more distance for the Brothers!). Hmmm, might consider doing it as an overnighter. How steep/exposed did it get? Did you rope up at all? It's a fun looking mountain. Maybe you could post it on SP esp. if you have some photos.
Posted Sep 9, 2003 3:12 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

thanks!

I'll try to ask you some more informed questions regarding the route when I have the guidebook in front of me.

If you do go for one of these mtns, try to post them on SP. Always looking for more ideas.
Posted Sep 9, 2003 4:22 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

More good news from the Pacific Northwest.

I sure didn't know that there was a mountain in the the Olympic Peninsula for which giant plastic mountain boots aren't needed. This one looks quite a bit drier than the Mt. Olympus area. Good camping details are given. It looks like an interesting hike
Posted Sep 9, 2003 12:45 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you for the vote!

Oh, there's plenty of those in the Olympics. The southeast corner of the range is home to many great day-climb type peaks. All are about 6000 - 7000 feet or less but usually your starting point for the hike in is around no more than 2000 feet. Late season (like now) most of the snow is gone from these.
Posted Sep 9, 2003 1:02 pm

peakbagger4Untitled Comment

Radek, Nice page makes me want to climb this one.
Posted Sep 16, 2003 3:18 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks Jay,

It's a fun one - just a simple scramble though to a really pretty summit. Nice quick day ascent.

Posted Sep 16, 2003 11:09 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Nice page as usual. Mt. Stone is on my county highpointing list for next summer. Yea
Posted Nov 9, 2003 11:07 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks Dean.

Think you'll enjoy this one - great scenery (of course!) and a nice scramble near the top. I'd suggest an overnighter (beautiful camping options) and bagging the nearby Mt. Skokomish the 2nd day (we haven't done that but it gives us another "excuse" to go back there).

Radek
Posted Nov 10, 2003 12:05 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Good stuff.
Posted Nov 20, 2003 11:17 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

thank you very much for the good vote.

Posted Nov 20, 2003 12:31 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Tweezer,

thanks for the vote!

I see that you have joined the ranks of SP's "Olympic Mafia" :)

Radek
Posted Dec 17, 2003 11:19 am

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

Good stuff Radek. One suggestion would be to add the Lat/Lon information so we easily could access the topo map: 47.607ºN, 123.265ºW.
Posted Feb 1, 2004 1:02 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Bob,

Thank you for the good vote and the helpful information. I have added the coordinates to the page. I will add the info. you posted regarding Stone's status as a county highpoint (give me a day or two on this). THanks!

Radek