Mount Tallac Comments

Rahel Maria LiuUntitled Comment

Rahel Maria Liu

Hi Morgan,

great page! But do you have still some links concerning infos about the area, accomodation/camping, weather, train/bus?

Regards, Rahel

2. Feb.: I just looked after your page. Unfortunately, you have not finished the update totally. I was so much looking forward to seeing it ;o).I changed my vote from 4 to 3 stars .... Please contact me if you have finished all updates. Then I will give you the 4 stars again ... ;o)

3. Febr.: Almost 4 ... you will get them if you add links concerning the area, lodges and weather ... ;o)

3. Febr.: Perfectly done ... ;o)). Got your 4 back...;o))
Posted Jan 23, 2002 10:43 am

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Rahel, I added considerable information on transportation. Camping information was already there, in the "red tape & camping" section. -Morgan
Posted Feb 2, 2002 4:29 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Done. Check the links.
Posted Feb 3, 2002 9:15 am

gordonyeUntitled Comment

gordonye

Great page! The maps in your page are really works of art...
Posted Feb 5, 2002 10:17 am

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

I haven't made any new 3-D maps lately, unfortunately...

They would be even better if I could ever figure out where to put the correct trails!

-Morgan
Posted Feb 5, 2002 10:53 am

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Wow, what a great page. I need to get down there to do some of these mountains!
Posted Mar 7, 2002 2:02 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Thanks, Brian. Yeah, Tallac is a really cool mountain. In fact, the Desolation wilderness, just south of Tallac, is an incredible place. If you are into winter ski tours, you will not be disappointed. Lots of fun touring, with many possible descents. Pretty crowded in the summer, unfortunately.
Posted Mar 7, 2002 4:56 pm

kironicUntitled Comment

kironic

mpbro,

This is a really sexy page. Mount Tallac is a mountain with a lot to explore, and you really bring that out. Thanks for your work.

-kironic

Posted Mar 22, 2002 7:18 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

This is a superb page--one of the very best I've seen! Very informative.
Posted Nov 5, 2002 2:10 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

A terrific page and it amazes me sometimes that so few people will stop and take the time to give you the applause you deserve for all the extra time and effort you've gone to to make this a informative page.

I love the Tahoe area but was not familiar with Mt. Tallac until I stumbled onto this one.

Probably due to the fact that I've skied Heavenly and Squaw with a foray to Snow Valley Peak on snowshoes. I'll be back and much of it will be to spend some time on this mountain.
Posted Jan 13, 2004 5:28 pm

steelemanUntitled Comment

steeleman

thanks dean! i appreciate the comments on all the pages.

-Rich
Posted Jan 13, 2004 6:11 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Excelent page with all the info one needs +great shots!
Posted Jan 14, 2004 12:32 pm

Eric OUntitled Comment

Eric O

The link to Couloir Mag's Top 10 bc descents is broken (Aug. '05).
Posted Aug 20, 2005 5:17 am

adventuretacticalTallac the gem of Tahoe

adventuretactical

Tallac is our secret hide-out to get away from the rat race. If done in the winter or off-season's it's a complete diamond in the rough!

My climbing partner and I have completed the following types of climbing on this tiny little mountain:

Ice and mixed climbing on the East column's
Trad climbing during the summer and spring seasons on East column's
Alpine climbing and AT skiing during winter and Spring

Fantastic getaway for someone on a short time span!!
Posted Jul 5, 2009 8:43 pm