thepluggerUntitled Comment

theplugger

Another one to try if/when we get down that way. Thanks for letting us non-Californians the fun places to see.
Posted Feb 19, 2002 5:14 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Very nice page, Gordon. With all the possible approaches, you have the unenviable task of giving directions to all of them! We hiked around in the northern section (Lagunitas) just a couple weeks ago. I played with our GPS and took some waypoints. I will try to post some waypoints and trail maps for that area.
Posted Feb 19, 2002 7:32 pm

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Thanks for this page Gordon! Your photos have inspired me to put this on my list of peaks to visit again :-) I'd probably do it from Muir Woods or Stinson Beach. Any other routes that you would recommend?
Posted Mar 1, 2002 4:22 pm

gordonyeUntitled Comment

gordonye

John, I hear some groups (I think Steve Eckert et al at climber.org) run marathons on Mt Tam, by going up one side and going down the other, then return. I generally avoid fire roads because of the bike traffic. Next one I'll do is from Alpine Lake up Catarac Creek then traverse the north side to East Peak. It's a long one and mostly non-fire road, and possibly not busy. From Muir Woods the southern views would be nice. From Stinson Beach the only problem is you either go on south slope fire roads (from Rock Spring) or drop down to north side (better option I think).
Posted Mar 4, 2002 12:27 pm

Rahel Maria LiuUntitled Comment

Rahel Maria Liu

Nice page, Gordon! Maybe you could add some information on the technical climbing routes. Cheers, Rahel
Posted May 13, 2002 3:28 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Well done and very informative page.
Posted Jan 6, 2003 9:27 pm

rgreeneUntitled Comment

rgreene

Good job!
Posted Oct 24, 2003 2:02 am

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Reading this was a walk down memory lane for me! Great page.
Posted Mar 23, 2004 1:29 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

I second Nelson, though I woudn't have said it the same way - my last visit to Mount Tam was in 1991 and that is 13 years now! Always liked the Bootjack Trail down to Muir Woods.
Posted Oct 25, 2004 5:17 pm

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Great looking page. Tons of info and pictures.
Posted Mar 29, 2006 7:57 am

MarmadukeSo Many Trails

Marmaduke

I know with virtually 100 trailheads to choose from you can't list trail reports. But maybe just a few of the better hikes. Great page though, most people wouldn't believe this scenery is but 10 minutes from San Francisco. I HAD PRINTED YOUR PAGES AND THE PAGE WITH THE TRAILHEADS STUCK TO ANOTHER PAGE. Sorry, disregard my comments on needing "some of the better hikes" Again great page.
Posted Mar 8, 2010 1:38 am