Mount Terrill Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Garon Coriz

Garon Coriz - Jun 5, 2018 3:16 pm Date Climbed: Jun 4, 2018

From the North  Sucess!

Snow stopped me from driving to the end of the dirt road on the north side of the mountain but it wasn't bad walking. Patches of snow scattered among the boulders helped a little with travel but it was a pain postholing in the trees. Beautiful area.

3.8 miles RT with 705 feet of elevation gain.

Udink

Udink - Aug 23, 2017 6:52 pm Date Climbed: Aug 17, 2017

NW Ridge  Sucess!

I hiked up from the northwest, starting where the road ends near point 11,050'. From there, there are trails most of the way to the peak, apparently used by deer and elk more than anything else. The route was pretty straightforward and easy--there was almost no boulder hopping or bushwhacking. Great views toward the Wasatch Plateau from the summit. I could also see my camp trailer to the southeast near UM Creek. This was a good warm-up hike before Mount Marvine, which I hiked the next day.

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Sep 14, 2015 5:26 pm Date Climbed: Sep 12, 2015

Harder than expected  Sucess!

We went up from UM Pass. There is a good road to the top of 10670, but from there on it was bushwhacking. The main page states "a worn trail leads to the summit from nearby UM Pass". This is not the case. Although there may be a worn trail to the summit, it doesn't go from UM Pass. The bushwhacking was unpleasant with big boulders, downed trees, and thickly spaced live trees. However, once you climb up a few hundred feet, the west side was relatively clear although the grassy areas were peppered with thorn bushes.

Dean

Dean - Sep 12, 2010 6:00 pm Date Climbed: Sep 11, 2010

Lost Creek approach  Sucess!

Too many ATV's on the UM road so I made a route up from Lost Creek, which is north of the Terrill Guard station. I just made my way up slopes and with my GPS summit waypoint, made it fine. No trail but no problem. Found a lot of rock structures on top and both a witness benchmark and central benchmark. A small communications structure is on the top as well. Couldn't find a register (if there was one). Great views in all directions. Climbed a p1k above Fishlake earlier in the day (Pk 9931). 2miles by my cross country route.

Pfeiffer75

Pfeiffer75 - Aug 12, 2010 10:59 pm Date Climbed: Aug 10, 2010

Nice Hike  Sucess!

Climbed from UM Pass. Great views of Mount Marvine. Saw plenty of bear tracks. No summit register up top

Jerry L

Jerry L - Jun 21, 2008 3:34 pm Date Climbed: Jun 19, 2008

West Side  Sucess!

Still ots of snow up there and as Scott said, great views.

Scott

Scott - Jan 23, 2007 12:37 am

Nice views

Climbed up the west face and down the NW Ridge with Kimberly in August 1996.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Mount Terrill' main page