Mount Vaca Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-3 of 3

SFillippone - Jan 11, 2009 2:52 am - Hasn't voted

Change of "peak" ownership

Just wanted to write a note that Vaca Mountain, the high point for solano county california, has recently changed hands and no longer belongs to the US government, by searching the surplus FEDERAL lands web site I saw that it went up for aution in 10-08 and was sold, some 36 odd acres I think. Egress and Ingress rights were retained to service but the land around is possibly private...so just a heads up for the elves......great site thanks!

sfpcservice - Aug 20, 2011 8:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Public Easement

The info about a "prescriptive easement" needs to be corrected. The road across the top of Mt. Vaca is Blue Ridge Road (County RD. 354) Between Mix Canyon Rd. and Gates Canyon Rd. According to the county surveyors office, the road is not maintained by the county, it is maintained by the land owners on Mt. Vaca. But, there is a public easement on this road making it county road 354. The county surveyor stated the "no trespassing" signs are unenforceable because of this easement which was recorded in 1894. I have a PDF of the county maps and of the easement if anyone wants them, send me a message. The property on either side of the road is private however, so those signs are enforceable.

Jesus Malverde

Jesus Malverde - Mar 13, 2012 6:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Additional Fun!

Vat!? a short hike up Mt. Vaca not enough of a challenge?
Then bring your bicycle and ride up Mix Canyon Road..
•Steepest Mile in California at 15.8%. Second place goes to Old Priest Grade at 15.0%.

http://www.toughascent.com/blog/?p=224

Enjoy!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Mount Vaca' main page