Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Redwic

Redwic - Jan 4, 2012 1:52 pm - Voted 10/10

A New Page?

Mountainjeff, I hope you take better care of your SP pages than whomever was the previous owner of the original Mount Washington page. That person apparently deleted his pages without notice. Unless that original page URL can be saved, a lot of important information will be lost.

This Mountain page is one of those that was deleted. I have written to the Elves about it, and they claim they might be able to save the original page with the original URL. I think I have found that URL: http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/151161/mount-washington.html

I recommend that you please contact the "Elves" and provide them with that URL. This is very important, as otherwise people's Climbing Logs, photos, etc. will be lost forever. You can then copy your page text over the old stuff, and get rid of this newer page. Saving the history is important. I, along with many others, do not care who has administrative rights over the page as long as those people as respectful of its place on SP (and the users who might need the page as a resource).

(Make certain the page is re-attached to the "Olympic Mountains" Area/Range, too.)

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Mountainjeff

Mountainjeff - Jan 4, 2012 4:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A New Page?

I have contacted the Elves and am waiting for a reply. I had no idea that any of the old info could be resurrected, so I did not know to ask the elves.

Redwic

Redwic - Jan 4, 2012 4:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: A New Page?

I was just in a discussion with one of the Elves. Retrieving the old page might be possible but, sadly, it sounds like the original Climber Logs will be lost forever. I will let them work with you directly, to determine if just making a new page is better at this point (it probably is).

Stuff like this happens on this website, from time to time. You did not know the original page link or such. It is just sad that some logs and resources might have been lost.

It will all work out. I'm glad somebody has taken control of the page for this mountain, which is a great destination. Keep up the good work!

Redwic

Redwic - Jan 4, 2012 2:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Other stuff...

Just in case you and the Elves are unable to save the original page stuff, I have attached my "Standard South Route" page to this new page that was a part of the original page, as well as a TR and many photos. I have been told by several SP members in the past that my "Standard South Route" page was more descriptive regarding the standard approach than any information on the original main Mount Washington page. I hope people still find that route page to be useful.

I hope this helps. You have my permission to use any of my Mount Washington photo submissions on the main page, if you want.
------------

Also... Please change the "Query Name" you have for this page. It should be "Washington, Mount" and not "Mount Washington".

When a person searches SummitPost for "Mount Washington" or "Washington" in the Mountains & Rocks section, this page was not one of the ones listed. It took me several attempts.

Any mountain that has "Mount" (or "Mt.") as the first word of its name should be the second part of the "Query Name".

Mountainjeff

Mountainjeff - Jan 4, 2012 4:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Other stuff...

Query name has been changed and I attached your route page to the chart in the main page.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mount Washington' main page