Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.09230°N / 71.3547°W
Additional Information Elevation: 941 ft / 287 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Hall Mountain (4/19/03)
Hall Mountain the highest elevation in Bear Brook State Park in Candia, New Hampshire is popular local hike for many people in the Merrrimack Valley region. Though not truely a mountain in any significant measure this summit comes with many splendors, including a decent view, and delicious summer blueberries.

Hall Mountain can be summited via the easy Class 1 Hall Mtn. trail. The trail itself transforms from a summer hiking trail to a winter snowmobile trail. Hall Mountain is one of the few mountains that can be summit in April (mud season) without significant erosion. With a total roundtrip approach of 2.0 miles this summit can and should be done during the morning or the evenings when the best pictures can be taken.

Getting There

HALL MTN. VIA PODUNK RD.: From Route 27 in Candia. Held on Route 27 West from Candia and roughly three miles outside of the center of town make a right on Merrill Road. Take Merrill Road roughly two miles until it intersect with North Rd. Go right on North Rd. which will turn into New Boston Road. Make a left on Podunk and stay on Podunk Road past Currier Rd. It will turn into a dirt road. Keep on Podunk Rd until you reach the blocked off road. Be sure not to block off the intersection.

Red Tape

From Podunk Road there is no permit required. However the rest of Bear Brook State Park requires a fee.

When To Climb

Hall Mtn. can be summited all year including April. There is a mud season but little trail erosion will happen on what is already a snowmobile trail in winter. For summit views November to April are the best times to go because the summit views are quickly becoming covered by trees. During winter uses cauton on the trail due to snowmobilers.

Camping

Hall Mountain is an easy one-two hour hike make there little reason for camping. However Bear Brook State Park has a State Campground (fee). Contact Bear Brook Campground at (603)485-9869.

Mountain Conditions

Contact Bear Brook State Park at (603) 485-9869 and check the links section of this page
.

Summit Picture Log

Post your summit mugshot here.

External Links

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-5 of 5

royswkr - Jan 3, 2006 8:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

The place where the photos were taken (and the survey marker was before someone stole it) was at the 925' summit here http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=19&n=4773954&e=307986&size=s&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

The trail circles around the 941' peak, you need to bushwhack at least .1 miles to get there

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Aug 19, 2008 12:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Small spelling error

Hello, I found a small spelling error I wanted to bring to your attention as a courtesy: Though not truely a mountain in any significant measure this summit comes with many spendors, including a decent view, and delicious summer blueberries. Perhaps you meant "splendors"?

EastKing

EastKing - Aug 20, 2008 1:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Small spelling error

Good catch! Thank you very much. Correction made.

technicolorNH

technicolorNH - Mar 20, 2020 11:04 pm - Hasn't voted

TH info

Podunk Road no longer dead ends at the TH. The TH parking area is on the left side of the road as you head north, shortly after the road turns to dirt.

lukezoom - Mar 29, 2021 8:55 am - Hasn't voted

Summit vs Pictures

As Royswkr mentioned the photos are from a secondary summit (43.0937 N, -71.3592 W) to the west of the true Hall Summit (43.0925 N, -71.3544 W). The summit of Hall has no views and is some distance to the SE of the trail. There is a logging road, paralleling the trail, near the summit and it is marked with a few cairns.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Concord-Manchester AreaMountains & Rocks