Visoki Rokav

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.43525°N / 13.82853°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 8681 ft / 2646 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Visoki Rokav
The group Rokavi belongs in the group of Martuljek and is to be found near Skralatica moutain as split of main ridge of Martuljek group. Visoki Rokav (2646m), Srednji Rokav (2589m) , Spodnji Rokav and woody Kalisce composed the whole ridge of Rokavi. On west side of Rokavi Skrlatica with ridge of Rokavi enclosed V Kotlu basin. On the east side of Rokavs ridge lies plateau Na Jezerih where is placed bivouac II. There is no marked path on any summit of Rokavs ridge, and no alpine hut. The difficult of the ridge does not exceed II or III degree - not enough for real alpine , to much for hikers and exactly enough for romantic lovers of mountains.

Getting There

Entry to Rokav s wall
On main road Ratece – Ljubljana we turn towards settlement Mojstrana. We follow the road sign for Vrata. For origin we may choose bivouac ( Bivak IV or Bivak II). Both bivouacs are accessible from valley Vrata. For bivouac IV we must start at Aljaz hut (Aljažev dom) in direction Skrlatica and for bivouac II we must start two kilometers lower at Poldov rovt. Macadam road from Mojstrana to Aljaz hut (Aljažev dom) is by winter impassable.

Red Tape

Add Red Tape text here.

Accomodation

By Bor: Aljazev Dom (1015m) (Aljaz Hut) is placed in upper part of Vrata valley, near the forest end. It is accessible by car, 12km from Mojstrana village, which lies on the main road from Ljubljana (72km) to Kranjska Gora resort (12km). It was opened in 1896. In 1909 the hut was destroyed by avalanche. New hut was opened last year where it stands today. It has 150 beds and it is open from beginning of May till the end of October. Winter room has 8 beds. Hut also has phone, electricity, warm water and so on. From the hut is very beautiful view on the peaks around the valley, which rise wildly above it, and especially on Triglav and its North side.

External Links

https://www.summitpost.org/area/range/153292/martuljek-group.html


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Martuljek groupMountains & Rocks
 
Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.