Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 48.66136°N / 119.05385°W
Additional Information County: Okanogan
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6055 ft / 1846 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mount Annie is a peak located in Okanogan County, Washington. The mountain is most notable to peakbaggers due to its high prominence; Mount Annie is the 85th-most prominent peak in Washington. The mountain is also notable for being the site of a former fire lookout tower.
Annie from BonaparteMount Annie, As Seen From Mount Bonaparte

Mount Annie is summited via a road approach. The summit road is closed to public vehicles but non-motorized use is allowed. Although the summit road has some fallen trees laying over it, the route is very easy to follow and is only slightly overgrown in several sections. Due to its mid-elevation and straightforward access, Mount Annie can be summited year-round.
Mount Annie - Road 300Following The Summit Road...

The Okanogan National Forest constructed a fire lookout tower on the broad mountaintop during 1933. The lookout was a 65' tall pole tower with an L-6 cab and an accompanying cabin adjacent to the tower. During 1956, one of the tower legs was discovered to have rotten wood. Due to safety concerns, the tower was destroyed the following year. The cabin was removed later, as well. Since the demolition of the lookout tower, the forests surrounding the summit area have grown considerably and currently prevent any outward views. However, much of the land is subject to a timber sale, so it might be only a matter of time before the summit becomes barren.
Mount Annie - Former Lookout SiteLeftover Remnants Of Former Lookout Site

The true summit is a rocky outcrop located near the site of the former lookout tower, on the other side of the summit road.
Mount Annie - True SummitTrue Summit (i.e. Highest Point)

Getting There

FROM TONASKET, WA:


1) Drive east along Highway 20.
2) After 22.6 miles, turn right onto Mount Annie Road.
NOTE: Some signs and maps show the name as "Mount Anne Road" rather than "Mount Annie Road".
3) After 1.0 miles, veer right onto Road 300 (also known as Road 3100-300).
4) Follow Road 300 for 5.0 miles to a "Y" intersection. Road 300 continues at the leftside road but is gated. The rightside road (Road 360) is also soon gated and does not need to be followed.
5) Park near the intersection alongside the road, making certain not to block potential access by other vehicles.
6) From the gate (~5120' elevation), hike Road 300 for approximately 2.0 miles to the summit.
Mount AnnieClosed Gate Along Road 300

Red Tape

Beyond the closed gate at ~5120' elevation, only non-motorized public access is allowed. No special permits or passes are required.

Do not attempt to tamper with or remove any remnants of the former lookout site that might still be present at the summit.
Mount AnnieAtop The Former Lookout Site

Camping

Please contact the Okanogan National Forest to find out current information regarding possible camping on or near Mount Annie.
Mount AnnieForested Upper Slopes