East ravine of Veliki Zvoh.

East ravine of Veliki Zvoh.

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Basic snow climb till 40°
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up (tour skiing)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The starting point is the macadam road that goes from the valley Kamniska Bistrica in the secondary valley Korosica. It depends from the conditions how high you will drive with your vehicle. In Winter time is not transportable but you have very nice descend with skiies.




Route Description



The east face of Veliki Zvoh from the meadow Koren.

The road ends on the altitude around 980 meters and then you follow the signposts on marked route through the nice forest. Soon you will reach the first meadow that is called Zgornja fratina. There is also some shepherd's house. From the left comes here the marked route from the skiing area Krvavec, from the meadow Kriska planina. But you continue on the marked route that goes in the north direction and soo you will reach the east ridge of Veliki Zvoh and now you have an amazing view on whole valley below the Veliki Zvoh, Vrh Korena, Kosutna and at the end of valley on Kompotela. You descend some meters and you will come to the second meadow Planina Koren (1675m).

From the meadow you turn to the left and in the west side you walk over the snowy slope to the east face of Veliki Zvoh. From there You choose the best possibility for climbing through the ravine on the summit of Veliki Zvoh.

You descend by the same route because you can also ski down!

Essential Gear


Climbing shoes, ice axe, crampons and for skiing all equipment.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.



Geography
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.